What's new

Muhle R41 DE Razor First Use & Thoughts (Head Shave)

hey people so I finally got my hands on the infamous Muhle R41 on my third attempt lool

this is known as a aggressive razor so i thought lets see what the fuss is all about so i loaded it with a new feather de razor

used molton brown soap as pre shave and my beloved arko, which ive finally used after a fair bit of time,
so slickness wasnt an issue and was working with roughly 4/5 days worth of growth,
and yea it seemed to take off my thick and coarse hair with ease and left with no post shave irritation

im not sure if this razor should be described as aggressive, i'd probably say efficient is a better suited word imho YMMV obviously

all in all a nice razor but defo not the beast that its made out to be, well to me anyways....

so ive been head shaving since i was 17, so we're talking about roughly 19 years
and this the first time i nicked my ear, wasnt not been paying attention, just a one off eh! lol

I have found the R41 gives a great shave as long as you give it the respect and attention it deserves. I just don't use it every day because I won't have enough to shave the next morning.
Which blades you used in the muhle r41?

@thombrogan same question to you mate 👍

Astra SP. I've tried going a notch down with Derby Extra, and a notch up with Gillette Nacet but I just prefer the Astra SP for (to me) the best combination of close but still comfortable.
EDIT - my comments are for face shaving, I do not head shave.

Reactions: saj
Astra SP. I've tried going a notch down with Derby Extra, and a notch up with Gillette Nacet but I just prefer the Astra SP for (to me) the best combination of close but still comfortable.
EDIT - my comments are for face shaving, I do not head shave.
so you found astra to be the best in the muhle r41?

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
They were all as good or better than my talent allowed, so I made sure not to remember. Plus, my stubble is only particularly tough to shave around the lips, chin, and raging neck beard areas which might not correspond well with the hairs on your noggin.

hey so just used the muhle r41 again with a feather de blade for the second time
and it performed way better then the first time

i think thats purely based on me having 48 hours growth as compared to my previous post of 4/5 growth,
looking back maybe that wasnt fair on the razor as my hair grows fast and i got thick and coarse hair

i used my ds cosmetics z0 for the first time at the same time as the muhle r41,
so using them side by side i knew as most of you know these two are efficient razor
but i didnt find the ds cosmetics z0 to be comfortable but its usable,
however the muhle r41 really did shine and was a joy to use,
as i really found it to be very comfortable and ended up using it for most the shave

I tend to just use an R41 to shave the back of my neck, it's excellent when there's some long hair to be removed. The Astra SP blade seems to be a good match. I used to shave my face with the R41 but there's now razors I like more.

Reactions: saj
Top Bottom