What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

$20161029_124517.jpg$20161029_124356.jpg

I have the same in briar - received from Lee recently :001_smile

$20161029_134857.jpg$20161029_134831.jpg

And 1/1 in Finest 22/42 mm

Last edited:
Shouldn't the "7" referring to the physical size? Smaller would be 6, larger would be 8.

As for the pic above, the most recently one still looks more curvy and drawn out.

Either way, they all look great.

I know I've seen M&F handles made by Brad Sears, L&L Grooming, and another artisan on Reddit. I'm guessing that in general Lee is sourcing handles from different places now vs. wherever he was getting them post Rooney (perhaps from old contacts at Rooney or perhaps he made them himself).

I won't pretend to know Lee's process, but I'm wondering if the handles were part of why his production seemed to slow down in the last year or so. And, now, it seems like he's willing to knot and brand handles from different sources. I happen to think a lot of the handles he's working with these days seem really nice. This new L7 looks fantastic to my eye.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I know I've seen M&F handles made by Brad Sears, L&L Grooming, and another artisan on Reddit. I'm guessing that in general Lee is sourcing handles from different places now vs. wherever he was getting them post Rooney (perhaps from old contacts at Rooney or perhaps he made them himself).

I won't pretend to know Lee's process, but I'm wondering if the handles were part of why his production seemed to slow down in the last year or so. And, now, it seems like he's willing to knot and brand handles from different sources. I happen to think a lot of the handles he's working with these days seem really nice. This new L7 looks fantastic to my eye.

Some handles we made were also labeled M&F in late 2014 and early 2015.

That redesigned L7 looks fantastic. Is it a product of the Lee/Brad merger? What about the Heritage knot, is it crunchy when dry and gelled when wet?

~Royce

Brad sears is turning the legacy Morris brushes , Brads brushes reflect the change in shape you may see.

I can spot differences, but probably not be able to pick them out of a lineup as to who make which.

As for M&F, it's just a name at this point. Why not call Brad's brushes his own, instead of M&F, which they are not?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
I can spot differences, but probably not be able to pick them out of a lineup as to who make which.

As for M&F, it's just a name at this point. Why not call Brad's brushes his own, instead of M&F, which they are not?

I don't get it.
It is interesting because various "Morris and Forndran" brushes are being produced, without the handle and knot being completed by Lee. I've seen many get custom handles manufactured by various brushmakers, then shipped to Lee for a knot, and he stamps the handles with his Morris and Forndran inscription. I didn't even know this was being done until this year.

This situation with Brad is very similar I suppose. Brad is making all of the handles, with Lee knotting them and stamping them I believe but I could be wrong about the stamping, Brad might be doing that for him with his permission. I tend to agree with you that Morris and Forndran/Lee Sabini is kind of overshadowing the manufacturer here (Brad Sears in this case) and a brush that is not entirely made by Lee, is being treated as though it were Lee's, even though Brad is doing the handle turn.

One would think they would want to do sort of a joint effort and perhaps a new moniker, but it basically looks like Lee is taking credit although its not entirely his venture.

This is not a criticism, just my observation of the project, and what is going on with Morris and Forndran currently. I do believe Lee is also still shipping out handles/brushes/knots that he makes in house, to select customers that are able to reach him, or know him personally, in a hobbyist type fashion as well. So there are various ways to get a "Morris and Forndran" brush these days.

Top Bottom