What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Can you describe the order process? I sent an email to the "btinternet" address last night and am just wondering what's in store as far as respond time, knot/handle selection, shipping time, etc.

Thanks.

It's a "process". Usually, if Lee doesn't reply in 24 hours, try again in a couple days.

You're also better off asking what he has available, rather than getting into detailed specifics because (as many have said before) it doesn't look like Lee likes to say no, so he doesn't say anything at all.

Vigilance, patience, and courtesy are key. First brush, I lucked out and he had exactly what I wanted on-hand. Second was the Chief group buy, so that was handled (hmmm...nice pun) by Ken (chiefbroom). And, still working on 3rd directly from Lee.

Yesterday was a very exciting day for shaving brushes, at my house. I received my M&F from Lee and a Somerset Chubby 2 in Best. I'll post more pictures once I get time to take a few more, but here's that beautiful M&F in Finest:

Before:

$FOT3C89.jpg

After:

$FOT336C.jpg

$WP_20150211_13_59_04_Pro.jpg

Lee reknotted an old Simpson Polo (I believe). It's a 26mm knot in Finest. Very much a gel tipped brush. I'm excited to get to break it in!

Last edited:
Which is the Simpson Colonel? I see an M&F Polo/Urn on the Left and a SIMPSON Chubby on the right?

The one on the left. I'm not as familiar with Simpson brushes as I should be (in regards to their handle designations). I wasn't sure if I should call it a Colonel or Polo. I apologize for the confusion.

The one on the left. I'm not as familiar with Simpson brushes as I should be (in regards to their handle designations). I wasn't sure if I should call it a Colonel or Polo. I apologize for the confusion.
No worries. I had thought maybe he was reknotting a Colonel for you and you had the name mixed up with that vintage Chubby.

I asked Lee for something that would be stellar at tackling both soaps and creams, and this is what he made for me. I've been enjoying my XL1 in butterscotch for a while, but I've found the handle a little small for my hands. So, he really hooked me up on this one.

He mentioned that he used the some of the hair he had left over from a 52mm knot brush he had just made. I can't even imagine what that brush looks like! :lol:

I asked Lee for something that would be stellar at tackling both soaps and creams, and this is what he made for me. I've been enjoying my XL1 in butterscotch for a while, but I've found the handle a little small for my hands. So, he really hooked me up on this one.

He mentioned that he used the some of the hair he had left over from a 52mm knot brush he had just made. I can't even imagine what that brush looks like! :lol:

I can...

proxy.php

This photo belongs to another member, drP. Now this isn't to imply anything, but I can't imagine any other practical use for a 52mm brush.

Then again, Lee does make a lot of typos...

Top Bottom