What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

My blonde, received 6 months ago, is very soft with gel like tips. My finest 1xl and 2xl of similar age are not as soft and gel like with a hint of scrub. I prefer the finest.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
My blonde, received 6 months ago, is very soft with gel like tips. My finest 1xl and 2xl of similar age are not as soft and gel like with a hint of scrub. I prefer the finest.

In my experience, which doesn't mean all that much, the perceived differences between Blonde and Finest have as much, if not more, to do with comparative density as hair characteristics.

I agree the densities contribute, but the hair is clearly different at the tips. The blonde clumps and is crunchy when dry. The finest does not behave that way.

Sounds a bit confusing as to which hair to choose. I'm very happy with my two Blonde Badgers, hard to imagine a better knot. They have very little to no scritch, but give a decent scrub. Last shave I used the EJ XL synthetic, and while it works great, feels good, makes good lather etc. there was something missing form the feel of the M&Fs (and the Romera manchurian for that matter). Ah, can't wait until my next shave.

Sounds a bit confusing as to which hair to choose. I'm very happy with my two Blonde Badgers, hard to imagine a better knot. They have very little to no scritch, but give a decent scrub. Last shave I used the EJ XL synthetic, and while it works great, feels good, makes good lather etc. there was something missing form the feel of the M&Fs (and the Romera manchurian for that matter). Ah, can't wait until my next shave.

You should really try one knot of the Heritage 2-Band and Finest knots as they will compliment your Blonde Badger knots, very well, indeed, and you will probably find them just as lovely! :thumbup:

You should really try one knot of the Heritage 2-Band and Finest knots as they will compliment your Blonde Badger knots, very well, indeed, and you will probably find them just as lovely! :thumbup:
I've seen a lot about the Finest knots, but I don't know much about the Heritage 2-Band. Is this something I can ask Lee to put into a brush? How is it different from the Blondes?

I've seen a lot about the Finest knots, but I don't know much about the Heritage 2-Band. Is this something I can ask Lee to put into a brush? How is it different from the Blondes?

Yes, you can ask Lee for a Heritage 2-Band knot as he is still using them as far as I know. I bought a 3XL Heritage 2-Band from a friend who found it a tad too large about 3 months ago; his loss, my gain! :thumbup:
They characterize the famed 'gel-tips' that you hear about. These are generally very dense knots with good scrub, but incredibly soft tips. Therefore, if you like scrub, these would not be for you unless you like variety in your brushes.
I love my 3XL and this hair is just so much softer than the Blondes, in general, in my opinion.
I have never actually contacted Lee and I have acquired all of my M&Fs second-hand. I actually tried contacting Lee 5 days ago, but have not heard anything in response and I don't presume to. :blush:

Yes, you can ask Lee for a Heritage 2-Band knot as he is still using them as far as I know. I bought a 3XL Heritage 2-Band from a friend who found it a tad too large about 3 months ago; his loss, my gain! :thumbup:
They characterize the famed 'gel-tips' that you hear about. These are generally very dense knots with good scrub, but incredibly soft tips. Therefore, if you like scrub, these would not be for you unless you like variety in your brushes.
I love my 3XL and this hair is just so much softer than the Blondes, in general, in my opinion.
I have never actually contacted Lee and I have acquired all of my M&Fs second-hand. I actually tried contacting Lee 5 days ago, but have not heard anything in response and I don't presume to. :blush:

Thanks. I'll consider one next time. I love the blondes though. Used my 3/2 today..,awesome.

How long does it take to get a response from Lee?

I've emailed twice now in the last month.

Am I missing something? Or is this the norm?

I tried for 5 months and have since moved on. I won't try again.

I had the same experience haganah and I won't try again either. Great way to run a business ! But maybe Lee doesn't need or want any business from us here at B&B any longer Very perplexing .

Craig

Top Bottom