What's new

Mitchell Wallet

I have been looking at some new wallets. Either the Col Littleton front pocket or the Saddleback small leather. Recently the Mitchell wallet caught my eye. Has anyone had any experience with this? How is the "holding power" of the clip?
I am looking for something that will easily hold 8-10 cards, a few business cards and about 10 bills. Something that is simple and that doesn't cause issues when you are in a hurry at the checkout line.

I have been looking at some new wallets. Either the Col Littleton front pocket or the Saddleback small leather. Recently the Mitchell wallet caught my eye. Has anyone had any experience with this? How is the "holding power" of the clip?
I am looking for something that will easily hold 8-10 cards, a few business cards and about 10 bills. Something that is simple and that doesn't cause issues when you are in a hurry at the checkout line.

I've had the Saddleback small wallet for about 2 months. Great quality and looks like it is built to last forever. It was working Ok for me but having it loaded with 8 cards and 5 or 6 folded bills made it kinda tight. I did "break it in" as suggested by overloading it with cards for a few days.

Saw the Mitchell's wallet mentioned here on B&B and decided to give it a try. Touchdown! Easily holds 12 to 14 cards with 10 folded bills in the clip. I use it as a front pocket wallet and even with the extra cards/bills it doesn't seem to take up any more room than the Saddleback with less in it. Clip works very well.

I'm not trashing the Saddleback...I think it is a great wallet. For me, the Mitchell's just works better and is more capable.

The only question I have (and only time will tell) is the durability of the Mitchell's. It seems to use a softer/thinner grade of leather than the Saddleback. I also wonder about the durability of the clip as it looks like it is "clampled" onto the leather. I firmly believe the Saddleback would last a lifetime...not so sure about the Mitchell's. For me, if I get 5 to 10 years out of it I would be happy.

Take all of this with a grain of salt as I have only been using the Mitchell's wallet for about 2 weeks now.

I ordered 2 of these wallets from mitchell and Dave is actually going to be making me a custom badge wallet in the near future.

I just counted and I have 11 cards in my wallet and they fit just fine. The clip is definately high quality but also take into account the finish will rub off eventually and become silver (he says that on his website i beleive). Even fully loaded the wallet is still very thin and pretty small. (I carry it in my front right pocket and keep my badge and LEO id in my back) and it doesnt create much of a bulge at all and is still semi flexible. So overall I am extemely satisfied and Dave is a really good guy to deal with.

I have been using my Mitchell Wallet for about 2 weeks. It has plenty of capacity and works great as a front pocket wallet. My concern was the holding power of the clip and that has not nor will it be an issue. I would highly recommend this piece of leather to anyone looking for a quality wallet.

Is the hardware on the Mitchell wallet gold colored? I know it hides in your pocket, but I just can't do gold-colored accessories.

Is the hardware on the Mitchell wallet gold colored? I know it hides in your pocket, but I just can't do gold-colored accessories.

Yes, it comes gold color but then pretty quickly the gold begins to wear off and you are left with a silver color. David explains this pretty clearly on his web site so it is not a surprise to anyone. Not much of a problem for me as the wallet works so well in all other ways.

Mitchell is the best, hands down. The clasp is as tight as a gnat's a@@ (and that is pretty much water tight). Excellent quality, beautiful to boot.

I will echo everyone here and say that I have had one for the last 18 plus months.....Clip is still tight as the day I got it. I have the dublin leather in chestnut. Beautiful still, as It still looks new to me... I am a minimalist, and only carry about 6 ID/debit/credit cards, but could easily carry double that in this wallet. Owner was an absolute pleasure to deal with...as I had a few questions, and he answered them promply as we exchanged emails....

I just purchased a Dublin Chestnut Mitchell Wallet Clip this morning! They are located in Milwaukee, WI . . . . . I live in Franklin, a suburb of Milwaukee, and I never heard of the company before reading about them on this Forum. Thanks guys!!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just purchased a Dublin Chestnut Mitchell Wallet Clip this morning! They are located in Milwaukee, WI . . . . . I live in Franklin, a suburb of Milwaukee, and I never heard of the company before reading about them on this Forum. Thanks guys!!

We are good about finding new places for people to spend their money :biggrin:

I've had a Mitchell money clip wallet for about 2 years. Carry it every day and love it. Quality is excellent.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This does look like a nice bit of kit. I resist. I don't like logo's on my stuff. I've
made it a condition when buying cars that there are no dealership stickers etc. I don't mind a simple unobtrusive makers mark. The logo on this is pretty but . . . you want to advertise on stuff I buy . . you pay me.

The second problem is that Canadian bills are a bit larger than US bills. I'm doubtful if Canadian money would fit.

Top Bottom