What's new

minimalist quest for the #1

so decided to compare my fav blades again just to double check what I was liking
and to compare the accuforge I got to try out since its new to me and only used he lab blue once before in the past

IMG_8965.jpeg

in quick the accuforge is a nice blade and kinda ties the green 7
BUT GSB clearly wins in every way :)

the Green 7 is smoother WTG and not quite as sharp ATG for the first few shaves then the accuforge is better ATG the WTG stays the same on both and even though they vary a small amount ATG the end results are the same they are that close
at least if I wanted another backup blade and could not get the Green 7 anymore this could be a OK shave

I am going to go through my other blades and compare again kinda a hassle but am curious if I still think what I do and gives me something to share :)

Dad passed away this past week so kinda had a rug pull on my emotions

I know we all go through it so while not unique its for sure something we all deal with in our own way and also something we all can relate to which helps me that and my faith but been a rough week :)

still shaving daily and finishing up some things and wanting that minimal so my Old Spice is almost gone and not going to buy it for a while or maybe never again :) but I love the lucky Tiger Tonic as no sting and smell goes away

I did treat myself to come colognes this week and looking forward to finding my fav scent which I know might take a few years again end goal might be to have one or two scents but like my soaps I might end up with a few more but I know as I use them I will lean toward a few favorites

I might do the summer winter scent profiles and get to two or might end up with a whole bunch :)

but the minimalist side of my also is OK with a variety if its something I love as its not about low numbers but having the ones you truly love and use and finding I LOVE my Noble Otter and my SV and while I love my CC Cream I do not like the way I have to scoop it out so I will use up my other back stock and be done with it again its a top performer just not into the one side of it
same might go for TOBS while I love love love the stuff I do not like using a finger or tool to take any out just love swirling the brush on the puck :) so that side of me makes it a no go as it takes the true enjoyment out of it :)
NOW if it truly performed better I might put up with it but the CC or TOBS does not perform better than my hard soaps

at this point I am going to try some other Noble Otter soaps but BarrBarr is the lead one out of the 5 I bought I will only buy the Barrbarr and decide after I try the other ones if I add one more we shall see :)

for SV I will keep Opuntia around and have to smell one more Argainia ?
I love 70th so might keep it around and won't buy my Morado again love it but lover barrbarr or Opuntia or 70th more :)

thinking about trying a Stirling soap or two again that are homage to certain colognes

for AS again Lucky Tiger and maybe some Opuntia for the days I wear my Creed Aventus Dupe cologne as SV aftershave is so so so so so insane good but not sure I want to bother with how much it costs but the scent does last OK so that is a we shall see :)

so not to many more shaves with the 45th and maybe the Old Spice will be a no more :)
I wil miss it though
IMG_8969.jpeg

Been doing some cheaper clone type frags and liking them
some are pretty good not quite the original but still great on their own and when its so much cheaper :) might get some original one point when I figure out what I really love this is a good way to find my favorite signature scent ya can say

This was so cheap 8$ not bad not really me have not smelled the original but figure a summer scent for the coming heat :)

IMG_9044.jpeg

Creed clone that many like some even more than the real stuff
only had samples of the real and loved it so do not have it but is what I remember
IMG_9046.jpeg

And this came in did not think it was going to be here for a bit
since I love Creed Aventus I have read this one had some Aventus homage BUT more fruity which I love pineapple and has a bit of a mossy earthy so also is its own unique and have to say I really like it :) winner of these 3 I got

do have a few more in the cart for later but loving going down this path for now and smelling good

IMG_9048.jpeg

Top Bottom