What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm doomed I tell you. I just had the idea of making chocolate bread french toast. :jump:

er . . . late edit here . . . maple syrup and bacon will go nice with this.

I wonder if chocolate pancakes are a possibility? Just melt some chocolate and mix it into the batter?

-jim

Occasionally we do chocolate chip pancakes. After I pour the batter on the griddle, I just sprinkle chocolate chips on pancake batter. The chips melt and get nice and gooey when you flip them.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I wonder if chocolate pancakes are a possibility? Just melt some chocolate and mix it into the batter?

-jim

Bit of coco powder or as Shawn said chocolate chips. Oh boy little bits of melted chips in a pancake with a dob of butter and real maple syrup on top . . .

I've had this for a couple of months now and finally got around to putting a decent edge on it, I also gave the handle a few coats of teak oil and beeswax. It's now a damned sharp and pretty good looking knife!

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This is not new but I thought I'd share as I find this diamond sharpening stick so handy. I had to use it on the weekend on my apple peeling/coring machine. I originally purchased this to sharpen my garden pruners but it has made its way into the kitchen. It is great for sharpening peelers and bread knives. (Has anyone else bothered to sharpen a peeler? . . . it does make a difference)

$Diamond Sharpening Stick.jpg
I bought mine at Lee Valley for about $10.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Donate your old peelers to a lefty- they use the other side of the blade.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Both sides on mine get even wear. And crumb . . . it took me a few minutes to think of how to say this and not be ex-communicated from the community.

$Custom-Cutting-Board.jpg
Just received my custom end grain cutting board this week and had to share it with the group. This was built by James as part of the B & B group buy. The color is gorgeous and the finish is smooth as glass. I almost hate to start using it...almost... :biggrin1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom