What's new

Mens shaving stores?

Never paid attention so I have no idea...Are there any?

I have read about crabtree and evelyn dont know much about them but they are not around me. Also read about art of shaving but they too are not around. How bout bed bath and beyond do they sell anything? The body shop do they? I am really lost here lol...All I know is wally world crap...

Thanks

btw I am in/around Detroit MI or even Windsor Ontario...

There aren't really chains other than AOS that I am aware of. You can sometimes find things at target, walmart, etc. Whole foods and natural markets can sometimes have stuff as well. Are you looking for any specific type of product, or just general shaving supplies?

The Body Shop has a line of mens products which include a fine shaving cream, an inexpensive synthetic shaving brush, and after shave balms and fragrances.

The larger Bed, Bath & Beyond stores have some shaving items, mainly VDH soaps, Wilkinson (Made in Germany) DE blades and GEM SE blades, Pinaud Clubman and Lilac Vegital A/S, styptic pencils, etc.

Wal-Mart also carries the VDH soap and brush; the soap is a fine product, while the brushes are hit and miss (mine held up solid for 2 years then, recently, rapidly destroyed itself).

There aren't really chains other than AOS that I am aware of. You can sometimes find things at target, walmart, etc. Whole foods and natural markets can sometimes have stuff as well. Are you looking for any specific type of product, or just general shaving supplies?

Not looking for specific products more for just a hands on of shaving supplies. I hate ordering products online having never actually seen or felt the product. I would love to just touch feel smell use random products ya know lol...

DE/SE shaving is a niche market, so there's not much out there on the shelves. On the hardware side, you might find a couple razors in a cigar or knife store if you're lucky. Brushes show up from time to time at beauty supply stores but they're usually low grade.

DE/SE shaving is a niche market, so there's not much out there on the shelves. On the hardware side, you might find a couple razors in a cigar or knife store if you're lucky. Brushes show up from time to time at beauty supply stores but they're usually low grade.

I am sure I will have to buy mostly online...was just hoping I guess

Yeah you won't have much luck hunting down a physical shop. In addition to the ones already mentioned, you can sometimes get AoS, T&H, and a couple other brands of software at um... Nordstrom's? Macy's carries AoS, as well. JC Penny carries AoS and Jack Black.

Actually if you have a mall nearby, just look around the men's section in the department stores. Hidden amongst the cologne, you might find a few shave products. Just look around, or ask.

Sephora also carries a very limited selection of SC and AS. Anthony, I think, is the brand I remember seeing there.

I think even Walmart has Real SHaving Company along with drug stores. I gotta say that cheap cream is pretty damn good.

Top Bottom