What's new

Maui wildfires; loss and generosity @Blackland

I was recently affected by the Maui wildfires. My home was in the heart of Lahaina town. I was able to get my family and myself out in time, however we lost everything else. For now we've been staying with friends but its been challenging. All of the comforts of home are gone. As shavers we understand and value a morning (or night) ritual. I lost all my "simple pleasures" with the fire and my financial priorities are elsewhere right now. Unbeknownst to me, my wife knowing that the TI blackbird was my favorite daily shaver, reached out to Blackland. Blackland being the awesome company that they are, had sent a new TI bird in the mail to my wife. She had just surprised me with it and I am truly grateful. Thank you Shane and Blackland, that really meant a lot to me right now.

Nice to see one man generosity to another.

Shane is class act.

Last night I attended a Fund Raiser for good friends non profit.

Met the gentleman who was in Hawaii for many day feeding fire victims.

He was doing Barbeque for the event.

His group is know as Operation BarBQ Releaf, when disaster strikes.

He goes and feed people, another class act.

Yes his Smoked Brisket was to die for. 🥳

That was definitely my first thought too, a total class act in the spirit of aloha.

My wife is from Hana and is sad about all this destruction to what she remembers Lahaina to be a cute and quaint town. She hopes the state and county have the will and power to restore Lahaina to the beautiful town she remembers.

I hope your family recovers well @MaukaMan

Blackland is an absolute class company! Nothing but pleasant dealings with them!

Hope things take a better turn for you soon, I can’t imagine such a tragedy.

Back in day when disaster struck, people who could help, did do with out waiting on some agency to show up.

People need get back to helping with no motivation, but should roles reverse.

People will help them.

Top Bottom