What's new

March 2017 Theme Shaves

Wednesday 03.29.2017- Day 5 Spring Week
"The Arnold Palmer Shave"
Soap Commander Sweet Tea
L'Occitane Cedrat

proxy.php

SPRING MORNING

This morning I opted to go with CRSW PURO FRESCO. PURO is a very fresh scent to me very reminiscent of a fresh spring morning with flowers all blooming.
image.jpeg

Have a great Spring day fellows
:shaving:

What a glorious morning. Working with windows open, birds chirping and cool Spring breeze blowing in. Soap for today was Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar. Cologne was Portrait of a Lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

March 29th Spring Theme
Pre-Shave: cblindsay Vetiver Citrus
Razor: Genco cbl
Blade: Stropped Linen 30x, leather 60x
Soap/cream:Soap Smooth Lime Soda
Brush: B&B Essential Boar
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel Aloe Vera
Aftershave2: Royall Lyme

IMG_20170328_202650.jpg

March 28 - Spring Rose 3

Third rose soap was Eufros Rosa Bourbon.
This is a more pure rose than the MdC.
It's rich and deep - all rose to me, where SC Love has a bit of fresh green, like the stems and leaves are included, where this is just the rose itself...? That's the impression I get... Lathered up it didn't seem quite as strong as MdC, which was surprising, as it's much stronger off the dry soap.
The lather was magnificent! Got one of those shaves where my skin didn't even feel like I had not shaved at all.
Very nice.
Hard to rate, but with the MdC I could not get enough of the scent because it was quite different. With the Eufros it was really nice, but familiar.

MdC Rose >= Eufros Rosa Bourbon > SCS Bulgarian Rose
SOTD_032817.JPG

Day 5 of "Spring Week" and this morning had to be: MdC Vetyver

proxy.php

The scent of this new Vetyver is magnificent! I totally dig it!!! :thumbup1:

March 30th Spring Theme
Razor: Timeless
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Soap/cream:Soap Commander Optimism
Brush: Rudy Vey 2016 B&B Brush
Aftershave2: Soap Commander Optimism

IMG_20170329_202922.jpg

Day 6 of "Spring Week". So with the arrival of spring, that means spring break; and spring break means the beach. Thus, it was only fitting that today's soap was: "7 Mile Beach" by Wheat State Soaps. This is the first time I've tried this artisan, and my initial impression is very favorable - this is "puck worthy" - I dig it!

proxy.php

March 31st Spring Theme
Razor: Timeless
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Soap/cream:Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush: Stirling 26 mm finest
Aftershave2: Fine Platinum

IMG_20170330_204000.jpg

I also want to add seeing as it is March 31st. Thank you EVERYONE for your participation during the month of March. I really enjoyed seeing all of the shaves, and saw a few soaps that I have never heard of or tried before. And yes some of you have even led me to purchase some. I hope you all enjoyed the themes this month, and hopefully you all will be posting in the April themes that start tomorrow!

March 30 - Spring Rose 4

Final Rose - Soap Commander Love!

Soap Commander Love - True Rose, smells like fresh roses with leaves and stems to me - a bit of greenery and a bit moist. Performance is quite good - typical SC. Of the 4 roses, I think the scent is closest to Eufros Rosa Bourbon, in that it's a pure rose, but different in the additional greenery. Love is a light refreshing rose where Rosa Bourbon is a deep sensual rose, if that makes sense.

Comparisons
Performance: Eufros > Soap Commander >= SCS >= MdC Eufros was the standout, the others are fairly close for me.
Scent: MdC >= Eufros > SC > SCS The MdC was so unique it really grabbed me. Eufros was top notch for a pure rose, slightly edging out Soap Commander for me. The sample of SCS was old and did not have a lot of scent...

In the end, for a top performing, excellent scented rose, Eufros Rosa Bourbon is hard to beat, based on these 4 soaps. The scent of MdC Rose is really intriguing to my nose and the performance was very good for me.
I will enjoy the samples of these two and both are possibilities to add to my soaps, but not urgent. I have a full tub of SC Love which will fill my Rose need for now. :)

SOTD_033017.JPG

Top Bottom