What's new

March 2017 Theme Shaves

For Monday, Day 3 of Spring: Shannon's Soaps "Forest City Fern"

proxy.php

For me, spring symbolizes "a new beginning" or "starting afresh"... In my shaving world, when I want to "start afresh" (say, after a bad shave that left my skin irritated), I make sure my next shave is with... TABAC!

soap: Tabac stick
brush: Semogue 620
razor: Merkur 34c with Astra SP (3)
aftershave 1: Brickell Instant Relief
aftershave 2: Proraso red splash

Once again, Tabac proves itself to be the most consistently top-performing soap for me. My neck has been irritated after my previous shave (due to the Futur razor, which I clearly have not mastered yet... may never will) and today's shave with Tabac was flawless. The lather was slick and cushiony, and my irritated neck was well-protected. In fact, now it feels great!

March 27th Spring Theme
Pre-Shave: cblindsay Vetiver Citrus
Razor: Easy Aces
Blade:Honed by CBL; 25x strop linen, 50x strop leather
Soap/cream: St. Charles Shave Fairway
Brush: Eric Brush w/ Envy Luxury
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel Aloe Vera
Aftershave2: St. Charles Shave Fairway

IMG_20170326_161536.jpg

March 26 - Spring Rose (2)

The second Rose soap is MdC Rose - a sample from a generous member.
I pressed a piece into the bottom of my lather bowl and with some pressure it spread out nicely. Lathered with my RR Silvertip Synthetic.
The dry soap scent was a bit faint but seemed quite nice. Once I started lathering, it really opened up and was wonderful! It took quite a bit of water and I kept sticking my nose down into the bowl to get a big whiff!
Going to the face I was really enjoying it. It was definitely rose, but a creamy rose with a hint of vanilla maybe? It made me think if there were a rose pudding, this is what it would smell like! I didn't want to stop lathering up. LOL
During the shave I found it quite slick and protective. On the third pass I added some additional water just to see how it did. I didn't really notice much more slickness but cushion seemed somewhat reduced. Ended up with a very close shave. Reports of leaving dry skin did not ring true for me - skin felt very soft and smooth. No balm needed here.

I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive to use this soap, as I was kinda hoping I didn't like it due to the price. I did, however, really enjoy the experience! Thanks!

MdC Rose > SCS Bulgarian Rose

SOTD_032617.JPG

Next up - Eufros Rosa Bourbon!

I'm using a soap given to me by D'mitri a Grecian Artisan

image.jpeg

My first time using this soap. I found it to be extremely easy to lather and the soap provided great slickness for me. It wasn't a fast drying soap either it was able to last throughout all my three passes that I normally perform with ease and post shave feel was good as well.

March 26 - Spring Rose (2)

The second Rose soap is MdC Rose ....I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive to use this soap, as I was kinda hoping I didn't like it due to the price. I did, however, really enjoy the experience!....

Excellent! I wonder if there is something in the new MdC rose and new MdC vetyver that is responsible for the lack of post shave drying. They both seem much better in that department than the original (for me).

March 28th Spring Theme
Pre-Shave: cblindsay Vetiver Citrus
Razor: Colonial General
Blade:Feather Pro (4)
Soap/cream: Lisa's Natural - Lavender Sage and Eucalyptus
Brush: Maggard's Synthetic
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel Aloe Vera
Aftershave2: Aqua Velva Balm
Cologne: WSP Gaelic

IMG_20170327_203429.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I had been away traveling since the beginning of the Italian Week. For all of my shaves during that time, I used Don Marco. My favorite soap of all time. I just love the smell and the performance.

For Spring Week, I had fully intended to use Ozark Mountain. However, a friend of mine gave me some home made spearmint flavored shaving soap, and boy oh boy that just smelled like spring time to me. So I made an audible and changed it up. I am glad I did. My friend's soap was quite a stellar performer! And my face feels smooth and moisturized an hour later! A big A+ for my friend and his new soap!

Spring Week - March 28th
Home Made Spearmint Soap
RR Plissoft 24 mm
Fendrihan Ambassador MK II SS
Astra SP
Stirling Ozark Mountain Splash

SOTD 28mar2017.jpg

March 28th

Another fine shave with the Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime soap. I am still missing the lime, but the performance was good.

Stirling rhymes with Spring so....

Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Brush : Omega boar Pro 49
Razor: Merkur 34c with Astra SP blade (4)
Aftershave: Brickell Instant Relief

I'm new to Stirling. This was my second shave with the Barbershop soap. It's good but it's not quite blowing me away the way I expected it to, after reading all the stellar reviews. But this second shave was better than the first so I guess that's a good sign!

Top Bottom