What's new

Lupo .95 OC vs GC 1.05

I have a lupo .95 OC I really enjoy but have been thinking about getting a game changer 1.05 . I've searched quite a bit and surprisingly haven't be able to find much about hiw they compare. Wondering if the game changer would be more efficient

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@vhahne559 I don't have the 1.05 GC but the other .84 GCs in SB, OC and JAWS and the Lupo .95 OC etc. etc. and some GC based designs with 1.10 gap, like the Rasoigoodfellas Styletto.

Basically, I think I have enough razors of both geometries in my collection to make an educated guess: Yes, very likely to be somewhat more efficient, despite only SB instead of OC comb.

Yeah that's what I figured and for the price I might as well pick one up. I'm starting my collection over and don't have a strait bar DE yet. Moved to Japan a year ago with the navy and only brought one brush and one razor

Yea I prefer OC razors as well , I was really trying to get the razorrock superslant L3++OC but they have sold out I've also been looking at the blackbird OC but it's a little pricey

I have the L3 OC, and for some reason....it doesn't shave very well...... and then I got the Wunderbar.....and I can say it's one of the best razors I have.....you don't even feel it cutting and then it's all gone w no irritation.......it's indeed Wunderbar...... I had wanted it for years and always sold out

I have the L3 OC, and for some reason....it doesn't shave very well...... and then I got the Wunderbar.....and I can say it's one of the best razors I have.....you don't even feel it cutting and then it's all gone w no irritation.......it's indeed Wunderbar...... I had wanted it for years and always sold out
Interesting I used to want one too but when I saw the superslant L3++OC being rated higher in aggression I figured I'd like it better but now that it's sold out I figured I'd look at the GC 1.05. so how would you compare the GC 1.05 with the wunderbar as far as comfort efficiency and end shave results?

I have a lupo .95 OC I really enjoy but have been thinking about getting a game changer 1.05 . I've searched quite a bit and surprisingly haven't be able to find much about hiw they compare. Wondering if the game changer would be more efficient

I found some discussion of this on another website a few days ago. Opinions seems to vary between:

• The Lupo 0.95 SB is more efficient than the GC 1.05
  • They are roughly the same

There was nobody saying the GC 1.05 was MORE efficient than the Lupo 0.95 SB, and you would expect that would be even more the case if comparing the 0.95 OC.

Never used the GC 1.05 myself, but just passing on what I read. I would find the link but it's against forum rules to link other shaving discussion sites.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Yea I prefer OC razors as well , I was really trying to get the razorrock superslant L3++OC but they have sold out I've also been looking at the blackbird OC but it's a little pricey
The advice I got is that the Lupo 95 and GC 1.05 are pretty evenly matched. If you want a real difference consider getting the Blackbird. Blackland has a 20% off sale on them until the end of November. It's still a bit more, but for $135 for the satin-finished brass, $160 for the stainless, or $256 for the titanium, it may help even things out in the world of enablers-r-us. At any rate, you'd get a whole different bird. :whistling:

Last edited:
It is funny how we have differences in likes/dislikes/preferences. I have both razors and find the Lupo to be fairly harsh with whatever blade I throw into it. The GC .105 however is the smoothest razor I have and performs well with any blade I've tried. So much so that I have placed my very expensive razors back in the closet.

It is funny how we have differences in likes/dislikes/preferences. I have both razors and find the Lupo to be fairly harsh with whatever blade I throw into it. The GC .105 however is the smoothest razor I have and performs well with any blade I've tried. So much so that I have placed my very expensive razors back in the closet.
Yeah it is crazy how ymmv from person to person. I love the lupo .95 for me it smooth and very efficient but I wish it had a bit more blade feel , I'm trying to get back into DE razors after using single edge mmcp and mmoc as daily drivers

I shaved my face using the Lupo 95 on the left and the Gamechanger 105 on the right then switched it a few days later and the results are the Lupo 95 provides a slightly closer shave but the Gamechanger 105 provides a slightly safer shave. I feel like the Lupo 95 is more prone to biting me whereas the Gamechanger 105 is pretty tame.

@vhahne559 How much blade feel do you like?

I shaved my face using the Lupo 95 on the left and the Gamechanger 105 on the right then switched it a few days later and the results are the Lupo 95 provides a slightly closer shave but the Gamechanger 105 provides a slightly safer shave. I feel like the Lupo 95 is more prone to biting me whereas the Gamechanger 105 is pretty tame.

This is my experience with .72 Lupo vs .84 GC.

The Lupo razors tend to dig in more it seems, but they do get closer with a fresh blade.

I'm stuck between deciding on a .95 and 1.27 (yolo?) plate for my Lupo. Will be grabbing one with a GC 1.05 plate.

Yea I had just saw the new lupo 1.27 plate but I don't know how much more efficient it would make the lupo over the .95 with the extra blade gap but same exposure. I think I'm going to probably end up getting a karve OC F plate or G plate

Top Bottom