What's new

Loving Diamine Inks

I think that claim has been debunked. There are some very similar inks though so I can understand the claim. And both are fairly awesome as well.
I asked this morning, when I was in the PW Akkerman shop. Paul Rutte laughed and told me that that was "their trade secret" :wink2: He didn't say "no" though, so the guessing can go on :wink2:

I bought a bottle of Akkerman "Bezuidenhout groen" as a gift, and had some other errands to run in Den Haag.

Love Diamine as well. They just work, with no trouble, and are easy to clean. Though some people have had trouble with Pumpkin and Ancient Copper (I have the latter and think it's fine). If I was deprived of my beloved Pilot inks forever and told to only use one brand, Diamine would be it.

The only drawback is the plain bottle and the only way you can tell the color is by the sticker stuck to the top.

Diamine inks are great and here in the UK very cheap. My favourites for blue and black are J Herbin, but Diamine Red Dragon, Oxblood, and Ancient Copper are always fun to use.

Diamine inks are great and here in the UK very cheap. My favourites for blue and black are J Herbin, but Diamine Red Dragon, Oxblood, and Ancient Copper are always fun to use.
Red Dragon is definitely on the list to try. Have you tried the Graphite? It looks like a very rich color gray.

Last edited:
Red Dragon is definitely on the list to try. Has you tried the Graphite? It looks like a very rich color gray.

The graphite is sweet, especially when loaded into a pen with a medium or bold nib and used as a signature pen.

Speaking of Diamine inks, I was just watching Brian Goulet's latest Q&A video, and he mentioned that Diamine inks are going to be going up in price by a couple of bucks per bottle sometime soon. No definite date set, but if you're on the fence about ordering some, this would be a good time to do it.

Speaking of Diamine inks, I was just watching Brian Goulet's latest Q&A video, and he mentioned that Diamine inks are going to be going up in price by a couple of bucks per bottle sometime soon. No definite date set, but if you're on the fence about ordering some, this would be a good time to do it.

That runs counter to the exchange rate.

Top Bottom