What's new

Looking To Buy a Flea Market Razor? Look Here!

$geneva.jpg

Just picked this one up off the 'bay. Anyone wanna take a stab at what's wrong with this one?

A bit of pitting at the edge is what I thought, but when I tried to hone it up, I couldn't get bevel to set on it for anything. I sent it off to rickboone1 to troubleshoot it. As it turns out, the pitting near the center of the edge hides two small cracks.

I saw this beauty on the 'bay this morning (not sure why I couldn't get it to rotate)

I was just looking at that earlier yesterday! I was confused by what I saw....am I seeing right, in that both sides are sharpened? The description wasn't very good if I recall.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I saw this beauty on the 'bay this morning (not sure why I couldn't get it to rotate)
View attachment 358343

I was just looking at that earlier yesterday! I was confused by what I saw....am I seeing right, in that both sides are sharpened? The description wasn't very good if I recall.

It is just an extreme example of hone wear. That razor was well loved and honed many many times.

Thats quite a shocking set of pics! I stupidly bought a "buy it now" razor from China on ebay. To call it a letter opener is optimistic. That was a few months back and I learnt my lesson (and got a refund).

Thats quite a shocking set of pics! I stupidly bought a "buy it now" razor from China on ebay. To call it a letter opener is optimistic. That was a few months back and I learnt my lesson (and got a refund).

I bought one of those ($5.00) Double Arrow Chinese wonders and was convinced it was useless. Krodor showed me otherwise. He took that thing and turned it into one slick shave machine. Not the prettiest tool in town, but it works as well or better than some of my more "Upscale" blades. Don't necessarily diss that razor. Check this out....

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...take-an-edge?p=5305095&highlight=#post5305095

What kind of razor was it? If it was a Gold Dollar, you could've had it made into a good shaver.

It was listed as a vintage straight razor (no brand) the handle fell apart within a few minutes of opening it and it came with a strop made from fake leather! I have decided now that I will try to get a decent edge on it just for a challenge.

$china 001.jpg$china 002.jpg

A moody razor, that's all we need. :001_tt2: Obviously, that's the result of the double inverted rolling X stroke with a twist.

Top Bottom