What's new

L'Occitane Cade soap being discontinued?

The Alderwood store (Lynnwood Washington) stated it could get three pucks in by Tuesday.....as I was buying out their current stock at $7.50 a puck.

I am super sad about the loss of this soap. My stock should hold me for a couple years but that is just not good enough.

Thanks for leaving some for the rest of us :bored:

Sorry had em on hold at 10:01 this morning.

I have been waitlisted at UVillage for months. It was a desperate lunch-time drive but I knew I had to get while the gettin was good.

I sent an email to l'occitane France (head office) to know if it's discontinued just in the US or everywhere.
I'll let you know if I receive an answer...

I never tried this soap, maybe it's time try it before it's gone!

I sent an email to l'occitane France (head office) to know if it's discontinued just in the US or everywhere.
I'll let you know if I receive an answer...

I never tried this soap, maybe it's time try it before it's gone!

First couple of times it's always a tad disappointing - then, suddenly, the soap reveals all its sheabuttery goodness. Fantastic stuff, subtle scent, world class shaving product. Shame it's discontinued. :blushing:

I wonder if they're going to discontinue the entire Case line now that they have Verdon?

This just sucks. My puck of Cade soap is still relatively new, but this is ridiculous. I thought Cade was supposed to be the epitome of their "Provence" theme. Both the AS and the soap smell rugged, manly, and unique. And by what I've read, Verdon smells like everything else available.

I guess they really are hurting and need a product line with mass appeal to sell?

there are over a 170 L'Occitane stores in the US, and you can give anyone of them a call and have them ship an order. I just got 3 more Cade Splashes to horde from a shop in Malibu (I'm in Phoenix.)

the 25% weekend sale is on and at least for now, they have the cade soap. the discount reduces the price to $7.50 a puck.

let's just say i "stocked up"

:w00t:

I am hearing an all too familiar old refrain. :crying: When I find something I truly like, it is almost as if there were some malevolent spirit hanging just behind my left shoulder to send word to whoever makes these decisions that here is a guy who really likes something, time to make him suffer by discontinuing it! :cursing:

All I can say is, how much is it worth to you to stock up, and then do it.

My sympathy goes to all those who will miss this product. :c17:

The online store has it and though I've never tried it, placed an order for 4 pucks. Hopefully in a heavy rotation that will last me awhile.

I am not a huge Cade soap fan, but this is just plain disappointing. To think that L'Occitane would kill a decent product, and just leave that crap shave cream for people to lather with. :thumbdown

Stopped by the L'Occitane store and picked up 2 of the 3 pucks that were left, thought I'd leave one in case someone was in need. I spoke to the salesperson and sadly yes, she confirmed that they will be discontinuing the soap but as for the rest of the Cade line it's safe for now. Good thing too, I didn't bring enough cash to stock up on the rest of the products if she had said they were discontinuing the whole line.:blink:

I spoke to the salesperson and sadly yes, she confirmed that they will be discontinuing the soap but as for the rest of the Cade line it's safe for now.

With the Cade products being discontinued one by one and with the new crappy Verdon line being pushed by the store people, I think the Cade line days are numbered.

I talked to the manager of my local store today. She said that they haven't been getting resupplied with Cade soap for a while now and she's been contacting all of the other stores in our area and having them send her pucks for local customers. Now the whole region is dry. She said that this has been a very big seller them and they aren't happy that it's unavailable. She said that they've been told that it's discontinued too, but no reasons given and no clear replacement.

Top Bottom