What's new

L'Occitane Cade soap being discontinued?

L'Occitane at Bleecker St off of Carmine (N.Y.C) has alot of it and their outlet store at Woodbury Commons has alot of it as well.

Doesn't seem to be any issue in the UK, plenty available online and in their shop at Birmingham.

Maybe just a US issue?

The Shaveapocalpyse...it's coming...

-The Journal of Mr. Imperial, 47 days after the Shaveapocalypse-

It's getting grim out there. I've seen two good friends resort to cannibalism just so there would be fewer people to use up the last of the Cade. I've seen zombies roaming the streets at night crying out and babbling in French. The new President of the Republic, King C. Gillette IX, has declared that anyone found with "old and outmoded shaving equipment" will be put in the work camps. I don't want to end up on the work camps. They'll have to pry my soap and my ball-end Tech out of my cold, well-shaven hands. Uh oh, someone's coming...

That's what I feared ! As I wrote earlier, same type of rumor, same result.

L'Occitane behaviour with its customers is very frustrating. A few months ago, they were saying that this soap is a best seller worldwide and it would not be discontinued, and now it is pased out because sales are disappointing ?

Don't understand.

L'Occitane behaviour with its customers is very frustrating.
Don't understand.

+1. I read in another forum that you should try their products but never fall in love with anything particular, because as soon as you do they will discontinue it.

WOW. I did not see that coming.

Just emailed there customer service. Scottb thanks for posting the contact.

In South Florida...called 4 stores within reasonable distance from my house and none available.

I just placed an online order for 3 pucks. that should hold me over 5 years with a hefty rotation of creams and soaps. Aveg cost per puck is $11 (w/tax and current discount code)..which I still consider OK for a great soap that will no longer be available

Yep, i got the same response:

We do apologize but that item has been phased out.
You may want to contact our outlets for product availability.

How ironic! Crappy products never get phased out, only the good ones do. I'm pretty sure I don't get to buy a product I like more than once, as soon as I discover something great, it gets discontinued. I think "they" are watching me, that's why I keep my tinfoil hat on at all times.

The Alderwood store (Lynnwood Washington) stated it could get three pucks in by Tuesday.....as I was buying out their current stock at $7.50 a puck.

I am super sad about the loss of this soap. My stock should hold me for a couple years but that is just not good enough.

I wonder when they made the decision to discontinue? I actually emailed them in mid April to ask as I had seen a few out of stock online. They stated that it was not being discontinued. :angry:

Top Bottom