What's new

Light bulb moment

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I was looking through a very well known vendors site when I saw a menthol grinder for crystals but the cost was over $15 plus shipping thats when the light bulb came on. I took a sea salt grinder and cleaned out popped in my menthol crystals and away I went works brilliant and only cost me £1.50

20220125_183056.jpg

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Good use of what you already have. I have reused those disposable grinders for pepper. You might to relabel or someone will be in for an unexpected surprise.
I tried a pepper grinder first but I couldn't get the lid off. That's when I tried the sea salt grinder and found it was perfect. I just grind the crystals onto a sheet of paper then fold it in half and use it like a funnel to pour the crystals into the bottle so there's no waste

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I would definetly make a joke label for it! Something about crack grinder, maybe with a picture of a pipe.

(Drug addiction is not funny, I am bad. I meant it as a way to discourage use.)
Don't feel bad I'm looking for good ideas for it I still think leaving it in the kitchen cupboard will give me some laughs

Ha, I hadn't heard of it but could guess which company you meant. I doubt very much that they are selling some purpose built grinder, optimally designed specifically for grinding menthol crystals, but rather this guy did the same thing as you - is using a regular grinder for menthol crystals, but he's slapped on a label and $15 price tag.

Glass + acrylic grinders such as that are $0.45 a piece when purchased in bulk from China:
1644936313140.png

A wise move on your part.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Apparently Doug got the idea for the chill mill when Fran was using the grinder to put salt on her sandwich.
I didn't read anything I just spotted it and had the idea of the salt grinder as I use it every day. It works really well to grind the crystals. Good man Doug saved me a lot of time and effort trying to grind the crystals between 2 spoons and making a mess 👍.

I didn't read anything I just spotted it and had the idea of the salt grinder as I use it every day. It works really well to grind the crystals. Good man Doug saved me a lot of time and effort trying to grind the crystals between 2 spoons and making a mess 👍.

It's cool you also had that idea.
I'm not creative enough to ever think of stuff like that.

I don't use menthol otherwise I would have definitely used the idea as it's just so convenient!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
It's cool you also had that idea.
I'm not creative enough to ever think of stuff like that.

I don't use menthol otherwise I would have definitely used the idea as it's just so convenient!
I'm surprised myself that the idea came to me so quick usually it takes a couple of weeks for the penny to drop and a absolute menthol head I'm not happy till the tears are rolling down my face so bad that I can't find the towel. Luckily my skin seems to agree with it.

I'm surprised myself that the idea came to me so quick usually it takes a couple of weeks for the penny to drop and a absolute menthol head I'm not happy till the tears are rolling down my face so bad that I can't find the towel. Luckily my skin seems to agree with it.

Haha
I did prepare some menthol drops using rubbing alcohol and glycerine, but yet to use it. I'll give it a go soon as it's coming up to summers here.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I'm intrigued - exactly how do you use the menthol? Dosage? 👍🏼
I dont have a dosage as such I just use a mixture of witch hazel and alcohol then grind some crystals and add them till I get the mixture where I get the burn of the alcohol and then my face freezes with the menthol. I been using it now for a while and I've got no irritation what so ever.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Haha
I did prepare some menthol drops using rubbing alcohol and glycerine, but yet to use it. I'll give it a go soon as it's coming up to summers here.
It's winter here now and I shave with cold water like I said I've been doing this for a while. I can't wait to see how it feels in the summer 🤗

Reactions: nav
I was looking through a very well known vendors site when I saw a menthol grinder for crystals but the cost was over $15 plus shipping thats when the light bulb came on. I took a sea salt grinder and cleaned out popped in my menthol crystals and away I went works brilliant and only cost me £1.50

View attachment 1399375
I had a light bulb moment as well. I was looking at the same well know Vendor site. I found a coin with "yes" on the obverse side and "no" on the reverse side. This is used to help you decide which product to use with your shave. I thought to myself I have a bunch of coins laying around the house. I could just assign "Yes" to the heads and "no" to the tails. I didn't have to spend $5.95 on a coin to help me decide what to use for my next shave.

Top Bottom