What's new

Le Grelot (The Little Bell)

For those of you who are ordering the Thiers Issard Le Grelot I thought I would show you an original Le Grelot.

I bought this razor from a French E Bay seller some while back and it is my favourite straight razor by a large margin. So I would think that the one you are all buying should be something quite special.

Mine is pictured below and is a "singing", mirror finished, 6/8th full hollow ground razor. The blade is marked Acier Suedois or swedish steel and you can see the little bell (Le Grelot) on the blade and the shank. The words on the shank say Le Grelot P.Hospital & Co. Thiers France. It is very easy to hone and the inside of the box has some instructions in French that recommends using the Thiers-Issard Razor paste to keep the blade sharp. I do and the result is for me at least, sheer perfection.
View attachment 15259

Very nice!

I have a Bonnamy-branded Le Grelot 5/8 full-hollow shaver that is remarkably nimble, not nearly in the as good a shape but still among my best razors.

Thanks for sharing! I think this just makes us all even MORE excited about our Pink Ivory Le Grelots :biggrin:

Here's a slightly newer one, basically it's what you B&B guys are getting but with standard plastic scales.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, my camera is terrible. It's a superb razor though, both in terms of build quality (better than usual TI's) and shave quality. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom