What's new

Lavanda cream vs Musgo Real

I use both regularly. Do you guys notice much of a difference between the two to justify the 3-5x extra $ for the Musgo real?

Musgo Classic used to be a favourite of mine but now…..I rarely use it. I can’t understand why it lists menthol as an ingredient because I really don’t feel any cooling from it.

Rick

No. I find them pretty similar in all respects. I love the original scent of Musgo Real, but I probably like Lavanda scent even more. My two favorite creams, but I doubt I'll buy any more Musgo.

Another voice here that finds the performance of $$ Lavanda shaving cream on par with various $$$$$ Musgo Real creams, but I should mention that I use Lavanda routinely, while I use Musgo Real shaving creams only rarely.

It was only when Ach. Britto jacked up prices for Musgo Real exponentially that I started using Ach. Britto Lavanda as a more reasonably priced alternative and I have been happy with Lavanda ever since.

B.

The Musgo cream used to be more reasonably priced. I had a tube a long time ago for traveling that cost around $9-10, which was a little expensive, but not totally ridiculous.

The Lavanda performs pretty similarly, just with a different scent. If I were buying one I'd probably go with the Lavanda these days.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Lavanda is one of the best creams out there IMO, it has a brighter scent of lavender than some with a slight touch of mint possibly. It has been around for a long time.
The Lavanda cologne aftershave is excellent also and has some staying power and will not drive folks out of a room because of scent strength. It's a more pleasant scent, also it is not a loud scent IMO.
If you buy 2 tubes of Lavanda 3.5 OZ = 7 OZ for $22 Canadian, it is hard to find that price per OZ even in a tub.

Last edited:
Top Bottom