What's new

Lambda Athena

I'm not learned but would the material make a huge difference in performance? Could it take away from the creators original intentions?
It can as the material determines the weight of the razor and hence your ability to move it around and the amount of pressure you (have to) apply. And different metals have different maintenance activities. Design wise they are exactly the same. It’s like the Blackbird. Stainless is really good, but in Titanium it is absolutely stellar (according to reports as I only have the stainless).

Cheers,

Guido

Can all you SS and Ti guys stop bothering Theo so he has time to get his razor stands finished and up for sale?????? <eg>

I do hope you know the <Eg> is evil grin and denotes an attempt at humor..);
IMG_0369.jpeg

🤣🤣

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I'm not learned but would the material make a huge difference in performance? Could it take away from the creators original intentions?
The bronze and stainless steel of the Lambda razors is roughly similar in weight. Both are polished, so even friction etc. is basically the same. Titanium is lighter, but I have not yet seen one of the announced Titanium razors from Lambda yet.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
3/26/24 was my first shave with my Lambda Athena. Coming up on 3 weeks with it now and I haven't reached for another razor. I've shaved with it every day since it arrived. I get a better shave with it in two passes than I do with 3 passes with anything else. With any blade I use in it. If I do a final atg pass it's going to result in BBS. I haven't been this smitten with shaving since I first started stumbling down rabbit holes in 2019.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
See this razor all the time in the FST.
I'd hardly say "all the time". I would recommend you act quickly the next time you see one, they are typically gone same/next day. One of the nice things about B&B is the BST forums. Not every razor is going to work out for everyone for a myriad of reasons and the Buy Sell Trade is a great place to head when the occasion suits.

I'd hardly say "all the time". I would recommend you act quickly the next time you see one, they are typically gone same/next day. One of the nice things about B&B is the BST forums. Not every razor is going to work out for everyone for a myriad of reasons and the Buy Sell Trade is a great place to head when the occasion suits.
I have seen 4 or 5 of them for sale this month. I'm about to buy one from a member on another forum to see what the hype is about but I doubt it will perform any better than my feather. I'll give it points for aesthetics.

Last edited:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I have seen 4 or 5 of them for sale this month. I'm about to buy one from a member on another forum to see what the hype is about but I doubt it will perform any better than my feather. I'll give it points for aesthetics.
I purchased one of them and I am ecstatic. Like I said the others were snatched up pretty darn quick.

I look forward to your take on it. My assumption is that the "Feather" you're referring to is a AS-D2 which I have not used. But concensus seems to be a very happy mild razor. Pop a Feather blade into your Athena when it arrives and listen to it.

Please follow up. Happy shaves!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I purchased one of them and I am ecstatic. Like I said the others were snatched up pretty darn quick.

I look forward to your take on it. My assumption is that the "Feather" you're referring to is a AS-D2 which I have not used. But concensus seems to be a very happy mild razor. Pop a Feather blade into your Athena when it arrives and listen to it.

I only have a few varieties of DE blades, all the favorites of people here with whom I have razors in common and so far, the Athena has been blade agnostic... I only have one tuck of Feather DE blades but I haven't broken it open yet... It came free with a shaving brush I purchased.

I'm amazed by the efficiency of this razor! I need to be a little careful on my head compared to the quite mild razors I usually use, but not for a fear of cuts or nicks, rather for irritation caused by applying too much pressure or unnecessary buffing of spots that usually need it. I'm tempted to give this a week or two of continuous usage and see just how perfect this will shave when I nail the technique.

1000017619.jpg

Yes, the Athena does sell quickly when listed.

I prefer mild razors, and the Feather AS-D2 is considered to be the mildest of the mild. However, when I used a Feather blade on the AS-D2, I found it to be a little harsh for my liking. I usually get nicked or bleed spots with a fresh Feather blade, so I rarely use them. I am hoping that the Athena razor will be a little more aggressive than my Feather but still provide a smooth shave. I will follow up on this."

Top Bottom