What's new

Lambda Athena

Mine is already on its way to me. Ironically, I am from a neighboring country and often go to Greece for the sea. My journey takes about two hours. However, the seller said that the delivery will take about 7-10 days (for the same period, I get delivery from China). Of course, this is not his fault, but because of the poor organization of the post offices.

Mine is already on its way to me. Ironically, I am from a neighboring country and often go to Greece for the sea. My journey takes about two hours. However, the seller said that the delivery will take about 7-10 days (for the same period, I get delivery from China). Of course, this is not his fault, but because of the poor organization of the post offices.
You should have asked to pick it up yourself! :lol1:

You should have asked to pick it up yourself! :lol1:
I thought about this option as well, but it means losing a day for something I don't need urgently. So anyway, I'll wait for the mails. Although I do not understand why the poor services of the post office are used when there are much more reliable couriers? For a delivery price of €15, for a distance of 200-300 km. there are certainly better options than the post offices. When I think about it, if a courier goes on foot, he will deliver faster than the post office, it sounds funny, but it is a fact.😁

I feel bad now that I got your joke immediately. <Eg>
1712639196338.gif

We were talking about patina earlier on. I used Brasso this morning on the cap to remove some micro stratches (unsuccessfully I might add) and when reassembling the razor - I noticed the baseplate had a different shine and colouring to it than the cap. So there is patina going on (I have had mine for almost a year now), but it is very subtle and very even. Totally unlike the Karve Christopher Bradley for example. Contemplating if using the case (rather than the stand) would be better - but that would also mean a little "more out of sight out of mind" for me.

I just love looking at my Athena! :001_wub:

We were talking about patina earlier on. I used Brasso this morning on the cap to remove some micro stratches (unsuccessfully I might add) and when reassembling the razor - I noticed the baseplate had a different shine and colouring to it than the cap. So there is patina going on (I have had mine for almost a year now), but it is very subtle and very even. Totally unlike the Karve Christopher Bradley for example. Contemplating if using the case (rather than the stand) would be better - but that would also mean a little "more out of sight out of mind" for me.

First and foremost, it's a tool. If you like it, use it!

Don't let it be the razor equivalent of a case queen guitar

... Thom

WELL WELL WELCOME!!

1000017423.jpg

1000017424.jpg

You all were right, this one is a looker. The polishing job is among the best I've seen so far (NB these pictures are taken after applying some microcrystalline wax). Absolutely can't wait until later tonight when my kids are in bed and I get to try this one out.

WELL WELL WELCOME!!

View attachment 1826331
View attachment 1826333

You all were right, this one is a looker. The polishing job is among the best I've seen so far (NB these pictures are taken after applying some microcrystalline wax). Absolutely can't wait until later tonight when my kids are in bed and I get to try this one out.
Lucky you. Mine has been in Detroit since Sunday morning with no movement. The good news is I am only 2 post offices down the line. 😊

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

As I've mentioned before, I keep my little family of bronze and brass razors on my tall dresser. Both Athenas are in their boxes with the lids open so I can see them. They are beautiful to behold.

Imagine these on top of a dresser, with my two CaYuen shaving bowls sitting on top of wood boxes where I store my folding knives, etc.:

RS_BronzeTopRazors.jpg

I need to take a photo of that small assembly of shaving gear on the dresser as I've added a brass Elite and a Bayonetta since this photo was taken. I'll get one posted after I receive my Wolfman bronze handle and stand.

Maiden shave completed, and did this ever live up to the hype! There is a Swedish expression called "dumsnål" which translates to stupid-cheap and which also perfectly describes why I used two blades (an Astra SP and a Kai) for this shave that both probably should have gone in the blade bank.

A little extra neck irritation aside, what a great head shave. Definitely more efficient and less autopilot-y than the Overlander but comparable when it come to smoothness. Super close shave with very little touching up compared to what I usually have to do. Some light irritation, probably due to the blades. Can't wait to see what the Athena will do with a fresh one!

1000017434.jpg

I just had my maiden shave as well. Mine happened to be the 2nd of the day as I couldn’t wait. 🙄

A quick 3-pass DFS without touch ups; smooth, comfortable, no irritation. 😊

Razor: Lambda Athena - 1st use
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Cella Red
Brush: EJ Silvertip
AS: Moon Trade Winds Splash

Have a blessed day.
IMG_3829.jpeg

full

Just received my Athena today and had my first shave. Definitely feels more efficient than the Muramasa with less irritation.

Wanted to thank all the contributors to this thread. Would not have found and pulled the trigger this razor otherwise. Maybe it has cured my RAD. Though I hear the Overlander and Bison are promising…
Congrats. Enjoy your new razor. Athena shaves better than the Overlander. I wouldn’t bother with that one.

Top Bottom