What's new

Kriss Kross stopper disassembly help

Hello,

I just acquired a Kriss Kross stropper and would like to disassemble, clean and restore the unit.
I can't figure out how to take it apart. Mine has a pin on the base. Do I depress the pin to separate the base from the top?
Any help,would be greatly appreciated. I've attached some pics below.

Cheers
John

$image.jpg $image.jpg $image.jpg $image.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. I saw that which is i why i commented it might not be same, i dint think these were really made to come apart for refurbishment

Success!

Got it separated!

Thing on side that looks like pin is just a dimple attached to inner base. Base appears it was pressed,on or crimped on the edge.

I got it open by gently prying outer base with a very small fine blade screwdriver creating a gap.
Then I slid a .020" feeler gauge around creating a slight gap all the way around.
I followed that gap with a drywall tape knife bending slightly outward as I went. About 3/4 of the way around it popped open.

Next I'll attempt removing disc. Pictures to follow.

Cheers
John

I recently stumbled upon this old device. My buddy and I have a machine shop where we just make or re-create stuff we like. I purchased on ebay and am pleasantly surprised that it works flawlessly! I tried to recreate the mechanism by modelling parts based off of a diagram and video, but it wasn't clear enough. I'm using Autodesk Inventor to make this digitally, and will eventually mill the parts to make my own! I just wanted to thank you guys for getting the ball rolling for me on disassembly, I just started doing exactly what I read here; make a gap with the screwdriver, go around with a .020" feeler gauge, and pop it apart slowly which is working. I did mess up the edge a bit with the screwdriver, but the feeler gauge is nice and blunt.

Cheers
Wyatt

Attachments

• 20231219_175458.jpg
    20231219_175458.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20231219_175502.jpg
    20231219_175502.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Top Bottom