What's new

Kidney Stones Are Bad

mmmmmmmkay? They hurt alot mmmmmmkay.

Prayers, good vibes and advice is welcome. Came on last night. ER visit. Now I'm heavily mediated in the Walgreens pharmacy. :D

Ugh, been there. The pain was all consuming. :crying: Toggled from an dull ache to all out sweating, shaking, fetal position inducing PAIN for a very rough 24 hours almost exactly, so hopefully you're a good way through the passing by now. Drink lots of water. There's no greater relief than the "tick" of the stone hitting your collector funnel they probably gave you. There will be more information and preventative advice coming once they analyze the stone and determine type and cause.

Good thoughts and wishes of comfort for you.

I have had them several times over the years. Had the surgery twice and passed them several times on my own. Here's what works for me and hopefully they have given you some of these things already:

Pain meds.. no explanation needed

Flomax.. Helps open everything up

Antibiotic .. Stones sometimes tumble and cut as they pass.. A nasty infection can happen.. Trust me on this, I would ask for the antibiotic

Hot Bath.. Helps relax the ureters.

Water.. I drink 2/3 liters a day and it seems like it has helped.. I haven't had one in a couple years..

I have been through the kidney studies and have taken supplements .. Water was the best solution

Good luck and hopefully it passes soon..

Ugh, been there. The pain was all consuming. :crying: Toggled from an dull ache to all out sweating, shaking, fetal position inducing PAIN for a very rough 24 hours almost exactly, so hopefully you're a good way through the passing by now. Drink lots of water. There's no greater relief than the "tick" of the stone hitting your collector funnel they probably gave you. There will be more information and preventative advice coming once they analyze the stone and determine type and cause.

Good thoughts and wishes of comfort for you.

Yup. That's exactly what last night felt like.

Haven't had the pleasure. Can't be worse than my gout? Feeling for ya!
Yes, they hurt alot, it's right up there in the pain level of,

The hottest love of your life leaving with no real reason
Somebody denting your new car
Losing million dollars lottery by 1 point
Paying 200 dollars for Heavyweight title fight and it last only 1 round due to early knock out
Dropping last piece of fave desert pie late night snack
Having B&B mod delete your funny dirty joke post:lol:

Stones are painful :laugh:

I have had them several times over the years. Had the surgery twice and passed them several times on my own. Here's what works for me and hopefully they have given you some of these things already:

Pain meds.. no explanation needed

Flomax.. Helps open everything up

Antibiotic .. Stones sometimes tumble and cut as they pass.. A nasty infection can happen.. Trust me on this, I would ask for the antibiotic

Hot Bath.. Helps relax the ureters.

Water.. I drink 2/3 liters a day and it seems like it has helped.. I haven't had one in a couple years..

I have been through the kidney studies and have taken supplements .. Water was the best solution

Good luck and hopefully it passes soon..

That's the plan. This is my second go round with stones (the last one was 3 years ago). Got better pain meds this time. Zofran for the naseau that accompanies said fetal position pain. Valium for muscle relaxation and taking the edge off. Flomax to open things up. It's 3 mm this time (last time was 5). I'm hoping to avoid the 3-4 additional ER visits I had waiting for appointments and proceedures last time.

They had to give me two doses of Dialaudid because the first didn't even touch it! :w00t:

Yes, they hurt alot, it's right up there in the pain level of,

The hottest love of your life leaving with no real reason
Somebody denting your new car
Losing million dollars lottery by 1 point
Paying 200 dollars for Heavyweight title fight and it last only 1 round due to early knock out
Dropping last piece of fave desert pie late night snack
Having B&B mod delete your funny dirty joke post:lol:

Stones are painful :laugh:

LOL! Yes! At least good pain meds allow me to continue my sense of humor!

Yup. That's exactly what last night felt like.
I had lithotripsy 2 times and it didn't work

For kidney stones that do not pass on their own, a procedure called lithotripsy is often used. In this procedure, shock waves are used to break up a large stone into smaller pieces that can then pass through the urinary system. Surgical techniques have also been developed to remove kidney stones. This may be done through a small incision in the skin (percutaneous nephrolithotomy) or through an instrument known as a ureteroscope that is passed through the urethra and bladder up into the ureter.

I had lithotripsy 2 times and it didn't work

For kidney stones that do not pass on their own, a procedure called lithotripsy is often used. In this procedure, shock waves are used to break up a large stone into smaller pieces that can then pass through the urinary system. Surgical techniques have also been developed to remove kidney stones. This may be done through a small incision in the skin (percutaneous nephrolithotomy) or through an instrument known as a ureteroscope that is passed through the urethra and bladder up into the ureter.

I had the same experience last time. I was all set to get the litho when the stone shifted at the last minute and moved behind a bone so the tech lost sight of it. So after 10 days of agony I'm finally on the table ready for the litho and it can't happen. UGH!

So Plan B was then the Ureteroscopy (Google that if you're brave) followed by another 10 days being cathed.

Let's add one comparison for pain level toppers: Deflating your balloon and taking out your own catheter. :a51:

I had an instrument known as an ureteroscope passed through the urethra and bladder up into the ureter

$KS-7x2.jpg$URS.jpg$CoAx-UreteroscopicTracks-2.jpg

I had the same experience last time. I was all set to get the litho when the stone shifted at the last minute and moved behind a bone so the tech lost sight of it. So after 10 days of agony I'm finally on the table ready for the litho and it can't happen. UGH!

So Plan B was then the Ureteroscopy (Google that if you're brave) followed by another 10 days being cathed.

Let's add one comparison for pain level toppers: Deflating your balloon and taking out your own catheter. :a51:

:laugh:
Or, losing the Ebay bid on a rare Chrome Toggle by 1 dollar :lol:

Top Bottom