What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

Kevin,
I'm proud of you my friend. Always remember that your goal is to take your life back. The weight you are taking off now is likely adding actual years to your life. I wouldn't be surprised if you've already gotten back a couple years that you wouldn't have had otherwise. Keep it up and remember to keep setting small goals and be proud as you accomplish each thing you couldn't do before. Never forget what it felt like carrying that extra 50 pounds and what a struggle it made life every day. I'm sure that I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know but congratulations on your progress and keep up the good work.

Appreciate the encouragement.

I feel better, and honestly I have had people tell me that I don't look like death warmed over anyomore. they said I looked very sick and even was afraid I was just going to drop dead in front of them. Man how things change with 50 less pounds on my frame.

Weighed in today. Down to 441. Lost 50 pounds since start!!

I know I am a bit late in expressing it, but way to go! Every milestone, from a new notch in the belt to a week where one pound is lost to a Big Round Number of pounds lost helps, and that is a major one!

We are glad to have you! here!

As far as my journey goes, I know that I cannot do a 1200 calorie a day diet. My ultimate goal is 230, something I have not seen since I was 10. I realize it took me years to get to my starting weight of 491, so It is going to take me time to get down to my ideal weight. As I lose the weight, I have been more active and am able to do more at home/church. Others are noticing a difference in me as well. Recently I had someone say to me I looked like I was getting around a lot better than I was a year prior. I also have goals set for each 50lb lost, and am motivated to keep going after hitting first goal Saturday. I am human and have rough patches, and am coming out of one currently, but I am still fighting for this, because I want this. I know that I need to make my focus ~2500 calories a day instead of the 3100 calories it is.

Perfect attitude Kev! Look at the forest....not the daily trees! And stay away from the store in the am! LOL

I promised Kev that I would stop by and post on my experience. I dropped 26 pounds in the last 8 weeks but I'm very inspired by Kev's journey so a tip of the cap to you for this thread and I hope that you keep hitting those goals!

Just to let you know, I did it strictly through normal eating, in smaller portions, and exercise -- no diet guru books or diet drugs but just old fashioned hard work and sensible eating. It looks like Kev is doing the same and is well on his way!

Keep up the good work and stay strong, Kev!:thumbup:

I promised Kev that I would stop by and post on my experience. I dropped 26 pounds in the last 8 weeks but I'm very inspired by Kev's journey so a tip of the cap to you for this thread and I hope that you keep hitting those goals!

Just to let you know, I did it strictly through normal eating, in smaller portions, and exercise -- no diet guru books or diet drugs but just old fashioned hard work and sensible eating. It looks like Kev is doing the same and is well on his way!

Keep up the good work and stay strong, Kev!:thumbup:

Thanks for stopping by and sharing. Appreciate the encouragement.

Today wad 2083 of 3100. Cut back on every meal, and easy as calculus.

Ultimate goal is 230. That reward will be a motorcycle. I added some of my other goals and rewards on there as well

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hey Kev, it's Aaron. A sportscar or motorcycle is cool. I did that once for a sales goal back in 1990. It was a Nissan 240SX fastback. I made the goal and bought the car. I pray the same for you.

Hey Kev, it's Aaron. A sportscar or motorcycle is cool. I did that once for a sales goal back in 1990. It was a Nissan 240SX fastback. I made the goal and bought the car. I pray the same for you.

Appreciate the prayers! I still have 211 pounds to go. Working on it one day at a time.

What kind? Started up a FatBob recently...instant love!

I was thinking a Harley, but I have time to decide.

I have to say that my wife told me that if I got to 230, I could buy anything I wanted. Since I have always wanted a motorcycle, figured I would dream big. I might change to a sports car when time get closer, but either way it is going to be something BIG to celebrate the BIG accomplishment.

My Wiki has my goals laid out.

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/User:Kevdogg329?redirect=no

Appreciate the prayers! I still have 211 pounds to go. Working on it one day at a time.

I was thinking a Harley, but I have time to decide.

I have to say that my wife told me that if I got to 230, I could buy anything I wanted. Since I have always wanted a motorcycle, figured I would dream big. I might change to a sports car when time get closer, but either way it is going to be something BIG to celebrate the BIG accomplishment.

My Wiki has my goals laid out.

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/User:Kevdogg329?redirect=no

Gotta go Fatboy or FatBob...kinda the big middle finger to what you've been through!

Yesterday:

4,363 of 3100.

Last time I pack Lunch and Supper in one bag...ended up eating both for lunch, then getting a pizza for supper.

Yesterday:

4,363 of 3100.

Last time I pack Lunch and Supper in one bag...ended up eating both for lunch, then getting a pizza for supper.

I had a horrible day yesterday too...must have been the rotation of the Earth or sunspots or something.

Walked away from a very close McDonalds encounter today tho...so prod of myself!

I had a horrible day yesterday too...must have been the rotation of the Earth or sunspots or something.

Walked away from a very close McDonalds encounter today tho...so prod of myself!

Your back side thanks you for walking away from there.

I have a saying:

"You don't buy McDonalds. You rent it for a very short period of time."

If everyone in the world at the same time ate McDonalds, TP producers would run out of product.

Haven't had a Big Mac in over 5 or 6 years.
To me they are pretty flaccid & tasteless... in fact they slip down like something pre-digested & about an hour later I'm hungry again.
Have you seen Super Size Me, Kev?

I have seen that movie many times. Helps when I am craving McDonalds to stave the craving off. Need one for Pizza, as that is my weakness.

Top Bottom