What's new

keeping track of shave count on blade

OMG (I thought I'd never ever use that term)! Thirty razors in rotation? Since the OP did not pose any sort of question, I will just add my comments anyway.

Being a minimalist has its advantages. I have two razors. I use one razor until I get tired of it and then switch to the other. I use a single blade for a week, then switch it out on Monday morning.

P.S. Thanks for curing, in advance, any RAD I might have been about to contract. I have seen the light.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Just shave with it. If it doesn't shave, change it. No need to get all anal about it. JM2C. If you want perfect every time, then cork it, (or not, as you prefer) shave with it once, and toss it. It's less than 20 cents for a blade, so you are still money ahead of the cartridge people. I don't see myself ever getting that systematic. I don't let the tail wag the dog.

I only have 2 DE's that I have ready for use at any one time, my safety bar, and my O.C.

I keep 6 disposable blade straights loaded and ready to go in a pipe rack. I just keep a single dice next to each one, and move it up a number with each shave. This makes keeping track of each shave easy. I change my DE's after 4 shaves, and for the straights that use the Feather blades, if they go past 6 shaves, which is common for the Feather Pro's, I'll just leave the die at 6 and evaluate each shave as I go. :thumbup1:

For the straights that use half a DE I'll usually can the blade after 2 shaves. :w00t:

Top Bottom