What's new

Kansas City Meet up October 25, 26, 2014

Well, you may have to take me off the "attending" list. Had to have emergency surgery. May not have recovered enough to drive all the way out there. Dang. I really wanted to go, especially to meet you guys. And I love eating BBQ with friends.

Well, you may have to take me off the "attending" list. Had to have emergency surgery. May not have recovered enough to drive all the way out there. Dang. I really wanted to go, especially to meet you guys. And I love eating BBQ with friends.
Hope you get better soon.

Sorry to hear that, we'll be missing you. Have a quick and smooth recovery.

Hope you can still make it. If not, wishing you a speedy recovery. (And I'll eat some BBQ for you:lol:)

Ah.... What a way to close out the week. Just got a delivery from Stirling Soaps. Please disregard the Jasmine Sambac puck to the right in the picture, it's not really there so its not going to be at the meet up.... :001_rolle Oh, ok, it'll be there. :sad: Go to Stirling's website and check out all their other amazing scents. Stirling Soap Co.

$Stirling.jpg

Today just got even better! TheVez2 will be bringing the following items for door prizes! Thanks Vez, we appreciate it.

Car full of Avon Oland AS
Boot full of Avon Leather spray cologne
Dollars n Scents full of Avon Spicy

$TheVez.jpg

3 bottles of Superior 70 bay rum AS
$TheVez2.jpg

For those of you who are driving up, where are you staying? I don't know that area to well to find a decent hotel on short notice.

Sweet! That's great John, thanks. I've been to KC a couple of times when I was up at Ft. Leavenworth (for training, not incarcerations!!). As it is now, it will either be at someone's home or at a rec center or something like that. The determining factor will be how many folks come out. I look forward to seeing you there.
I know a great bar with a meeting room beside it for rent foor 250

Alright!!! I'll be there, I'm really excited! Coming from Rolla, MO

Rolla I'm from Dixon mo

If you received the PM with the address of the Meetup, it also includes a link to the location of the event. Just click on that link - it will take you to Google Maps. Then just enter the word "hotels" and it will show you several hotels right off the various I-70 Hwy on/off ramps. There are at least a dozen or so name brand accommodations within a couple miles of each other.

I was going to do that but must wanted to know if there was a particular hotel that would be reccommended over another.

There are several hotels out there but it sounds like the higher end hotels are wear you want to go. Kevin (hidestoart) went out there back in January/February time frame and commented that the lower cost hotels where just too dirty or too scarey and it takes a lot to scare him!! LOL!

If you will be bringing a lady to keep you warm at night, some of the hotel choices closer to the city might be more "politically correct." IKEA just opened and that's just S of downtown proper. The Marriott downtown is very nice to impress the ladies. It is a good 15 minute drive from there to Grain Valley though. The World Series games are @ the Giants that weekend so there should not be too many issues with getting rooms.

If you let us know what amenities are important and your price range (and if you need to keep a wife/girlfriend/mistress happy) we can steer you most easily.

IKEA just opened and that's just S of downtown proper. The Marriott downtown is very nice to impress the ladies. It is a good 15 minute drive from there to Grain Valley though.
Just for those not familiar with the area, that IKEA is indeed S of Kansas City's downtown, but is far west of Grain Valley (over 30 miles), the actual location of this event. The hotels I was suggesting above are within 1 to 3 highway exits of Grain Valley. And if you don't want to stay that close to the event, there are also several hotels from Grain Valley west to KC, that are not "dirty or too scary".

Last edited:
My price range is a bit low at this point. Just started a new job and won't get my big pay check until the 31st. Not in time for the meet up. I've ben looking at reviews and we need a hotel that is clean and comfy. She has asthma and allergies, I don't want her to be miserable because I got a dirty room.

Last edited:
Top Bottom