What's new

Kamisori Pass Around

PASS AROUND

(to keep things neat here is a new thread)

If anyone is up for it, I'd like to put this piece to the test with a pass-around since it's intended owner fell through.

Rules for the pass around
1. Be a member of B&B for six months (or have some one on the forum who knows you in person vouch for you).

2. You must use the razor for a week and email me a review.

3. I will mail it to the first person on the list and each person following is responsible for mailing it to next participant.

4. The blade has to be sent to the next person and returned to me in the same condition or better.

5. By participating you agree the no money is being exchanged for good or services. Any money spent is solely to cover shipping to the next person on the list.

6. I release Badgerandblade.com, it's members, etc from any liability that results from my participating in this pass around. This includes any damages that may result from using, abusing, or testing the pass around razor.

7. You are responsible for disinfecting the razor when you receive it and before you ship it.

8. Any issues that you have with the razor should be reported directly to me.

9. Accidents happen; if the razor is chipped during use, honing, or stropping let me know.

10. Enjoy

I'll leave signup open for the next three days. Just post "I'm in." Then send me an email or PM with your mailing address and we're set. Thanks.

(to the MODS: If this is not allowed or in the wrong place please let me know)

proxy.php

proxy.php

List of Participants:
1) TimS
2) Doc226
3) Oakeshott
4) Lucid
5) Acorazza
6) KZero
7) Chaloney
8) zje4
9)
10) KWDriver
11)joamo

Last edited:
What a great idea Mike. Get your goods out there and let them speak for themselves.

Just a a warning regarding sending it to Doc. He's likely to fool around with it and send it out sharper than when he got it.

I'd like to be in, and thanks for the opportunity. I've never used a Kamisori before, I'm very interested in trying.

What a great idea Mike. Get your goods out there and let them speak for themselves.

Just a a warning regarding sending it to Doc. He's likely to fool around with it and send it out sharper than when he got it.

There is no better way to get honest feedback than a pass around. It exposes some of us who have never / would never use/d a kami before to do so with very little financial risk.

I'd like to thank you all for participating; you are all doing me a great favor!

I'd like to be in. I'm in Canada is that OK?

Canada is fine, I'll cover shipping to you. Thanks for opting in. :D

Last edited:
There is no better way to get honest feedback than a pass around. It exposes some of us who have never / would never use/d a kami before to do so with very little financial risk.

I'd like to thank you all for participating; you are all doing me a great favor!

Canada is fine, I'll cover shipping to you. Thanks for opting in. :D

Mike,
I'm not in on the pass around. I've got three shave ready Kamis and a couple that need to be made shave ready, so it doesn't make sense to include me. Please let someone else participate and I'll just follow the thread and admire from a distance.

I just wanted to acknowledge that I liked your style.

mark

Wife says a box from M. Martinez is waiting at home for me. I'm looking forward to taking this kamisori for spin!

Some first impressions. First off, this is a serious chunk of steel; it reminds me of a big Sheffield wedge. I've only used one other 'real' kamisori (I'm not counting the Feather pass around), and that one was a lot lighter and smaller. I don't mind the 'bigness' of the blade, but I'd be curious to see what other, more experienced members think with regards to handling, balance, etc. Seems a little heavy in hand to me. Nevertheless, after a touch-up on my Asagi, I got a pretty decent shave this morning. I think the edge needs a bit more refinement, so I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately for me, Doc226 is next up in the rotation, so he'll be subject to the edge I end up putting on the razor (unless he does the smart thing and re-hones it for himself first).

I'll keep shaving with this for a few more days, and see if my shaves get more comfortable in execution as I re-acquaint myself with the unique feeling of handling a kamisori.

Another comment: this razor is begging for a box or guard of some sort to protect the edge. Maybe someone in the rotation with woodworking skills can throw something together. Right now it's being shipped (and stored) without any real edge protection.

Another comment: this razor is begging for a box or guard of some sort to protect the edge. Maybe someone in the rotation with woodworking skills can throw something together. Right now it's being shipped (and stored) without any real edge protection.

I will see if I can make something like this, I made this one for Larry, not perfect but it works

Top Bottom