What's new

K+S Tea Tree + Peppermint Oil Shampoo and Conditioner review

I just wanted to give a quick review of the following shampoo and conditioner I've been using for the past 2 months.

I had been using the Paul Mitchel Special Tea Tree for the previous 7 months and wanted something a little different with more of a minty smell. Searching online, I came across this brand, the package containing a conditioner and a shampoo. Now, the tea tree shampoo I had been using was great, had a nice tingling sensation when used, and left my hair refreshed, with no dry scalp or dandruff, (previously a problem with other shampoos). However, it did not have the strong minty smell I was hoping for. Enter Kreiger + Sohne.

$61Bh9nbk6xL__SX522_.jpg

Packaging: The bottles came in a nice two bottle box, with seals on each of the bottles, under the click to open cap, to keep them from leaking during transit. (This is a big deal to me as with the Paul Mitchell pump bottles in my previous purchase, they were not sealed, and I lost about 15% of my conditioner in transit) The bottles themselves are a striking translucent royal/dark blue. The bottles are about identical aside from a big C on the conditioner bottle and an S on the shampoo bottle. Good first impression.

The only issue I have with the bottles is in their actual use. The conditioner/shampoos are fairly thick, so if you keep the bottles upright, you have to compress the bottles quite a bit to extract the product. I've taken to keeping the bottles upside down, so I don't have to mash the bottles to get out the appropriate amount of shampoo/conditioner.

Smell: A fantastic smell. It's is not a medicinal smell, nor a heavy menthol smell at all. The tea tree and peppermint are absolutely the starts of the show here, without being overpowering.

Lather (shampoo): The shampoo lathers up rather well, and a little goes a long way. The conditioner, while not producing lather, per se, is the same in that a little goes quite a long way. I use about a nickel sized dollop in my hand and it is more than enough for both.

Performance: Prior to moving to tea tree oil based hair products, my scalp and hair would get very dried out, and I would suffer from dandruff from time to time. That stopped when I switched, and this product has continued that. My hair feels healthy and refreshed each time I get out of the shower. It rinses out very well, not difficult as some other products I've used in the past that took forever to get out of my hair.

They claim that this has a nice tingley feeling to it when used, and I just don't feel it with these products, unlike the Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree. That was unfortunate, because that was honestly one of the reasons I loved the Paul Mitchell and went ahead with this product, for the tingle sensation. It's almost a deal breaker for me as far as future purchases.

Value: At $29.99 for the pair, it is quite expensive for shampoo and conditioner, considering that you can buy an all in one dandruff product for under $6.00. But it won't have the smell this does, and I have a hard time believing that it would perform as well as these. At that price, I can't honestly say that this is good value, but possibly a case of "you get what you pay for". Of course YMMV. All in all, the products, for the most part, live up to their word, and work wonderfully well to clean, condition, and heal your hair. I just wish it had that nice tingling sensation during use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom