What's new

Just ordered Oster Classic 76 clippers!

I just bought the last hair clippers I will ever need. I can't wait for them to show up in a couple days. I am in desperate need of a cut but think I will hold off until I get these.

they will last decades...make sure and learn the maintenance routine,and proper alignment of blade in blade holder,to get close,but not nick or pinch your skin..Oster 76,the clipper by which all others are judged.

Congratulations!
Just remember to always keep them clean & oiled.
You should properly grease your Osters every 4-6 months if using them everyday (as in a barbershop setting).
Remember to keep both of the air vents clean and clear of debris for proper cooling air flow to the motor.
DO NOT EVER hang your clippers up by the electrical cord (for longer cord life).
They should serve you well for many, many years.

That and the Wahl Seniors are awesome. I bought the Wahls but the Oster was a close second. They should put any department store clippers to shame.

Congratulations!
Just remember to always keep them clean & oiled.
You should properly grease your Osters every 4-6 months if using them everyday (as in a barbershop setting).
Remember to keep both of the air vents clean and clear of debris for proper cooling air flow to the motor.
DO NOT EVER hang your clippers up by the electrical cord (for longer cord life).
They should serve you well for many, many years.

Correct ! and a used toothbrush works just great for cleaning the head and the blade housing.Remember,sprays like "cool lube" etc. are good for disinfecting,but literally melt and whisk away the true clipper oil,after you spray,oil 'em up .Don't inhale the spray,the oil is non toxic (according to andis)...You will also need a can of blade wash.Load the blade onto the housing,then turn the clipper on and THEN snap the blade down,you can tell if the blade housing made good contact by the sound...you made a great choice,these clippers will give you pride of ownership,and last for many decades...

Enjoy your brand new OSTER!

I have been taking care of my hair with a Norelco 20XL single-comb very basic clipper since 2000. It served well until the comb broke a year ago. I have purchased several clippers under $30 since then, and all of them were junk. I trim/cut my hair once every two-three weeks and do not need an expensive or fancy clipper. Could someone recommend a reliable replacement for my Noreco 20XL?

It must have single, adjustable comb with very discrete, reliable adjustable action. I do not care whether it is cordless or not. It is amazing how the same company (Phillips/Norelco) can bring to market something so poorly engineered, irrational, impractical, flimsy, cheap, scratchy, etc. Every time I buy something like that I ask myself the same question "do these guys actually ever used their product themselves?"

Top Bottom