What's new

Just curious.

Been looking to get a nice pen lately and in my research I have come across Parker pens. Are Parker pens and Parker shaving one and the same?

Welcome to the nib

Parker pens are a whole different company, an iconic brand with some great pens, which one where you looking
at

Wasnt looking at any single one in particular... do you have any suggestions? Nothing ridiculously expensive, but something that makes you feel good about yourself when you use it.... you know what I mean?

Wasnt looking at any single one in particular... do you have any suggestions? Nothing ridiculously expensive, but something that makes you feel good about yourself when you use it.... you know what I mean?

I hope not, or ill have to hit the report button...

Uhh I have a few nice pens I really like to use in different situations though, My real work horse that gets used for everything is a Pelikan M205, the M200 series was really cool specially when I was starting out because of the cool piston filling mechanism, and i still love it now, it being the first nice pen I got myself. My monteVerde has a really cool Nib called a stub and it makes my handwriting look really cool and lets ink colours really shine

If your looking for a new pen did you have a budget in mind ? Id hate to show you something you would really like but out of your budget, or send you to look at a starter one when you are willing to go a bit higher

if you want to window shop a little have a look at Goldspot.com, check out pens by Sailor, MonteVerde, Pelikan, Parker, Visconti, Conklin,Lamy, Pilot and Edison. Edison makes LE pens for us

you can also take a look at the Franklin Christoph B&B pen or head to his website and see what he has

there may be better deals for some of the pens on Goldspot, but they carry a lot of lines to look at in one place so you can see what you like and what you dont then we can help you to find features within your budget and get you the write pen to begin with

then when your done with the pens, we can begin to talk about ink lol, there is a lot of ink out there

Last edited:
I hope not, or ill have to hit the report button...

Hahaha not what I meant AT ALL. At first I had no idea what you were talking about and I was really confused till I re-read my post... then I burst out laughing! I mean that feeling when you use something of quality... you just feel freaking awesome! I dont know... maybe that's just me?

Anyways, between 50 to 100 and if its worth it I'll go up to 200....

Gosh, I know I shouldnt spend money buuuuut... I cant help it.

I have two Parker pens the IM and a Vector which are priced in the 15-30 dollar range. The IM is a heavy pen and the the Vector is a bit lighter but not as light as my Lamy Safari which could be an issue if your planing on writing for exended periods of time. They are both decent pens performace wise for the price.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hahaha not what I meant AT ALL. At first I had no idea what you were talking about and I was really confused till I re-read my post... then I burst out laughing! I mean that feeling when you use something of quality... you just feel freaking awesome! I dont know... maybe that's just me?

Anyways, between 50 to 100 and if its worth it I'll go up to 200....

Gosh, I know I shouldnt spend money buuuuut... I cant help it.
Pelikan M200 series

I hate to be a Pelikan pusher but I haven't touched my Waterman, Sheaffer or Eversharp pens since buying an M200 and later another M200 and two 140's... And if you look at what I used to say about Vintage Sheaffers you would be surprised that I haven't used them.

Top Bottom