Not open for further replies.
Sunday, 1.Aug.2010

Semogue 830
Lavanda shaving cream, by Ach. Brito
Mühle R89
Derby Extra
Proraso Crema Liquida ASB

proxy.php

Sunday August 1st...... Swiss National Day!

MWF
Simpson's Case in Pure (1st outing)
Mühle 89 + Derby
Thayer's WH
Bulgari Green Tea Cologne

Saturday:

No shave

Sunday:

MWF
Omega 30125 boar
Kyle's prep
Black handled Superspeed w/Crystal (2?)
cold water rinse
Pinaud Clubman AS + 444 ASB
Pinaud Clubman as scent

I took my time for a relaxing Sunday shave:

TOBS Luxury skin cleanser
Tabac SS
Wee Scot
40s Superspeed/ Merkur blade
Alum block
TN Dickinson's WH
Speick ASL
Voyage d'Hermes EDT

Sunday Evening:

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Dorco ST 301 (1)
Cream: TOBS Mr Taylor
Brush: Omega pro n48
A/S: Wahl Bayrum
ASB: Gaia Organic

• Feather $$ with a Feather
  • Savile Row il Bambino 3118
  • QED Lime Shaving Soap in a Bowl
  • Geo. F. Trumper Limes Skin Food
  • Geo. F. Trumper WI Extract of Limes Cologne

* Muhle old r89 OC / Shark
* Vulfix pure badger
* Wilkinson SS stick
* Nivea cool kick AS
* Cerruti pour homme edt

Cheers!

This was my first time out with this razor, and I'd never shaved with an open-comb before.
It took me a little longer than usual, but I came out with an awesome DFS :thumbup: and 1 small nick.:glare:

Gem Micromatic OC with Pella Gem (2) - Muehle HJM Boar - Muehle Sea Buckthorn SC - SCS Blue Line Menthol AS

Sunday, 08-01-10.

Soap from Marseille 72% Palm - Semogue 2000 - Merkur Slant - Iridium Super #1 - Pre Proraso - TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Floïd Vigoroso + ASB Floïd.

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Hot shower + Stephan's Smooth Conditioning Shaving Creme
Razor: 5/8" Respecto #77 full-hollow, Round Point
Brush: 22mm Vulfix Super badger
Überlather: Godrej menthol mist shave creme + TOBS Eaton College Collection soap + squirt of glycerin
Astringent: Thayers Witch Hazel
Post-Shave: Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food
Facial Moisturizer: Dr. Hauschka's quince creme
ASB: Trufitt & Hill Trafalgar
Result: Fabulous "start-of-August" shave :thumbup1:. The Godrej creme was one I hadn't tried before but was sent to me along with the purchase of one of my Kindal. It produces a very good lather and has a an "bone-chilling" cooling effect (which was kinda strange with warm lather)...quite an interesting dichotomy. I really enjoyed the Yin and Yang (warm and cold) feeling from this. My Respecto delivered an extra smooth shave. After my shave routine, I used my wife's "Dr. Hauschka quince creme" as a moisturizer...I highly recommend it (a bit expensive, but worth every penny). [/Table]

View attachment 116064

Have a great 1st day of August guys :001_smile.

Sunday

EJ DE87
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Omega Pro #49
Culmak Soap
Boots Freshwood ASB
Pinaud Clubman AS

This was the same blade I had a mediocre shave with in the Slanthammer the other day, I can confirm its a bad blade, I can even have a good shave with a Lazer orTopaz in this razor. I also got the Culmak out today as I don't want to use my monsavon up to early, a very nice and slick lather from the soap still didn't help the shave a few roughish bits left and a few sore bits on the face [I know I should have binned it, but for how much these blades cost I carried on], anyway a better shave than the slant using this blade but I've had much better using as I said above a Lazer or Topaz, the black has been relegated to blade bank.

TTFN

Tony

Mergress w/Gillette blade
EJ Travel brush
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream
Floris Santal aftershave splash
Truefit & Hill Grafton cologne

SOTD Sunday August 1, 2010

Razor: 11/16 Wade & Butcher "The Celebrated" 1/4 Hollow, Hollow Point
Soap: Van Der Hage Glycerine
Mug: Vintage Old Spice
Scuttle: RAB Ceramic
Brush: Semogue 1460 Boar
ASB: Nivea Replenishing
Aftershave/Cologne: Old Spice Classic Cologne

Last of the observations this morning. Finishing off with the VDH is really going back to basics but in a good way. The VDH is readily available most anywhere for a very reasonable (aka cheap) price. It definitely gets the job done. I loaded the brush very heavy (that's just my preference) and got a dense shinny lather that stayed moist during the passes. (I reload the brush between passes; told ya I like a loaded brush!) lol The cushion and glide was adequate and very similar to the Classic Shaving Soap I used yesterday. The lather set up the beard and protected the skin from the razors edge. The glide was steady and smooth without hesitation and dragging. For the basic shaving soap that does the job, you can't beat VDH's bang for the buck. BTW, the Semogue 1460 Boar brush is getting softer and sweeter every time I use it. The size is a little small for everyday use but, I actually bought it due to it smaller size to fit into my travel tube in my ditty-bag. The W & B Celebrated I honed the other day is excellent! After this mornings shave I couldn't find a whisker standing anywhere. A truly slick BBS shave! Great shaves shown by all the week Gentlemen! Have a great day. :thumbup:

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette Bleue
Brush: Fuller reknotted with 24mm Finest from TGN
Cream: The Bomb - Palermo
AS: AV Ice Blue followed by TSD Iced Sensitive Milk
Cologne: Musgo Real #2 - Oak Moss
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom