What's new

John Michael Kohler ASB discussion thread

Good review OS. Found it interesting that you are using this in lieu of your usual Nivea Extra Sensitive. As a Nivea fan this product certainly appeals to me. Cost per ounce of the JMK certainly is "spot-on" also. Lack of scent is also a big + to me.

Have bookmarked the Spa products site for future reference. LOL, seems like the Kohler's have a "lock" on that part of the state.

Again, good review.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Good review OS. Found it interesting that you are using this in lieu of your usual Nivea Extra Sensitive. As a Nivea fan this product certainly appeals to me. Cost per ounce of the JMK certainly is "spot-on" also. Lack of scent is also a big + to me.

Have bookmarked the Spa products site for future reference. LOL, seems like the Kohler's have a "lock" on that part of the state.

Again, good review.

You know, the Nivea is not a bad product, although, it leaves kind of a shiny second skin on my face. I was actually quite surprised at the price of the JMK, considering the source. I would have expected to pay that for the usual 3.3 ounce bottle found in other brands.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I've recommended it, suggested it, pushed it and reviewed it. Short of walking up and down main street banging a drum, what will it take to get at least one other member to try this stuff?

OK OK You've talked me in to it. I ordered a bottle to try and I'll post once I have a chance to try it.

CincyDawg

Dennis

I ordered the John Michael Kohler ASB, but found out it's backordered and they don't expect it to be in stock for 10-12 weeks. So, I guess it's Christmas or later before I can try it. A real bummer since my all time favorite ASB (Arizona Goats Milk Soap Company aftershave milk) has been reformulated and I don't really care for the new stuff.

Hayne

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Dennis

I ordered the John Michael Kohler ASB, but found out it's backordered and they don't expect it to be in stock for 10-12 weeks. So, I guess it's Christmas or later before I can try it. A real bummer since my all time favorite ASB (Arizona Goats Milk Soap Company aftershave milk) has been reformulated and I don't really care for the new stuff.

Hayne

I hope they re-stock before I run out. I have used about two thirds of mine and will need a refill soon. However, I could probably run down the road to Kohler and just buy it at the shop where I got my first bottle.

This one sounds interesting and the price is right.

I went to the site, but they don't give much of a description. Can you tell me what the main ingredients are? It looks like it could be aloe-vera based.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

I went to the site, but they don't give much of a description. Can you tell me what the main ingredients are? It looks like it could be aloe-vera based.

It does have aloe in it. I think I already tossed my empty bottle, otherwise I could have cut the long list off and scanned it to the computer. Right now I am eating a little dinner so I am not inclined to transcribe it.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

OK, today I finally took the time to copy all the ingredients. Here they are:

aqua, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, stearic acid, getearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, parfum, tocopheryl acetate, steareth-20, ceteth-20, PEG-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, xanthan gum, allantoin, propylene glycol, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, echinaceapurpurea extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, disodium EDTA, retinyl palmitate, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, lilial, lyral, limonene d, linalool

I hope this helps.

I've only ever used the Nivea ES ASB but that's just ran out on me and now I'm considering either this or the Hydrolast Shaving Cream. How do they compare?

Annoyingly this is $16 for the bottle and $15 for shipping to the UK no matter how many I buy. Just wanted to pick up one to see what it's like but maybe I'll go for two.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I've only ever used the Nivea ES ASB but that's just ran out on me and now I'm considering either this or the Hydrolast Shaving Cream. How do they compare?

Annoyingly this is $16 for the bottle and $15 for shipping to the UK no matter how many I buy. Just wanted to pick up one to see what it's like but maybe I'll go for two.

I did not consider that international shipping may be a problem. Also, I have never used any of the Hydrolast products.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

It's actually still pretty cheap compared to other stuff here anyway. It's just - do I go for 1x £15.50 or 2x £11.75. 3 only drops to £10.50 each...

I think you may have just sold me on some!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
IMHO, not better than the Nivea Sensitive

But YMMV:001_smile

I also like the Nivea, but it leaves a shiny film on my face for a while and it is slightly sticky. I place the Nivea ASB high on my list, just not as high as JMK. Like you said YMMV.

I also like the Art of Shaving ASB's and place them even higher than Nivea, but they are very expensive. I also get a very slight burn occasionally from AOS lemon ASB.

I have not used the ASB from The Gentlemans Refinery and at $40 for 100 ml it will probably be a while before I do, but I am looking forward to the experience.

It is with this in mind that I have placed the JMK ASB as my number one top performer. I hope everyone that tries it enjoys it as much as I do.

The usual disclaimers apply, YMMV, etc.

Top Bottom