What's new

Jikoryen shave soap

Here’s an ingredient list
IMG_3776.jpeg

That was so much faster than I expected. I mean 10 days from order to my door is pretty good. I have already smooshed 2 sticks into an Old Spice mug and have to say it is softer than the Arko and yes it has a milder scent new. Still a nice citrus/lemon smell, just doesn't feel like it is punching you in the nostrils when you open it.

I did a side by side lather test using the same brush and have to say I would not be able to tell which is which in use. Swirled the brush for 15 seconds on each and they created the same rich/creamy lather with a similar slickness and appearance. That is not a bad thing, I mean I like Arko so having an extremely similar lather is good in my opinion. Will have to use it some more and see how the smell is after I have had it some time, but so far I am happy.
1702506007117.png

That was so much faster than I expected. I mean 10 days from order to my door is pretty good. I have already smooshed 2 sticks into an Old Spice mug and have to say it is softer than the Arko and yes it has a milder scent new. Still a nice citrus/lemon smell, just doesn't feel like it is punching you in the nostrils when you open it.

I did a side by side lather test using the same brush and have to say I would not be able to tell which is which in use. Swirled the brush for 15 seconds on each and they created the same rich/creamy lather with a similar slickness and appearance. That is not a bad thing, I mean I like Arko so having an extremely similar lather is good in my opinion. Will have to use it some more and see how the smell is after I have had it some time, but so far I am happy.
View attachment 1763634
Now that you have used it a few more times.

What do you think of it?

Now that you have used it a few more times.

What do you think of it?
Glad I grabbed a box very happy with the performance and scent. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Arko, especially if they want a milder scent out of the box. This will be a soap I keep in the rotation but expect it will take me quite awhile to use up what I kept since I have a handful in the draw that I use. They would probably sell a lot more and give Arko some better competition if people could buy a more reasonable quantity. At the same time, you can't really beat 12 sticks for $22 including shipping. I spent that much shipping 4 sticks out. I wouldn't be surprised if this pops up on Amazon soon.

Hope everyone is have a wonderful Christmas.

Glad I grabbed a box very happy with the performance and scent. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Arko, especially if they want a milder scent out of the box. This will be a soap I keep in the rotation but expect it will take me quite awhile to use up what I kept since I have a handful in the draw that I use. They would probably sell a lot more and give Arko some better competition if people could buy a more reasonable quantity. At the same time, you can't really beat 12 sticks for $22 including shipping. I spent that much shipping 4 sticks out. I wouldn't be surprised if this pops up on Amazon soon.

Hope everyone is have a wonderful Christmas.
The biggest difference for me is the feeling of a more moisturized skin after the shave , I can feel the difference, not the usual dry skin feeling of other Turkish sticks .

The biggest difference for me is the feeling of a more moisturized skin after the shave , I can feel the difference, not the usual dry skin feeling of other Turkish sticks .
I've noticed that as well. I know ARKO pretty well, and so when I tried the Jikoryen, the difference in skin feel was very noticeable. The Jikoryen left my skin feeling more moisturized than ARKO.
Jikoryen is a good soap.
YMMV

Lol. No worries and glad you found it. I ordered some early last week. Not sure when you searched but he was closed for a while around Christmas and pulled the listing. I actually wound up sending him an email to see where he went…

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
This brand is pretty much invisible on the interwebs, which is amazing if you think about it.

Does anyone know anything about the company? How old is it/when was it released? Is it made by the same company that makes Arko? Do they only make sticks or are pucks an option?

I have confirmed that it has tallow, and, based on reviews, is comparable to my beloved Arko. Some say it smells better, but, I kind of like the smell of Arko. A 12-pack goes for $1 less than Arko on eBay or $2 less on Etsy, so, for $25, I splurged and ordered a pack. I’d like to find a source other that those two, but, nobody seems to carry it. If I like it as well as Arko, I’ll order another 12 pack and probably PIF a few sticks.

I’m looking forward to trying it. I will update when it comes in.

Top Bottom