What's new

Jian Ghomeshi

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm an avid listener of CBC Radio 2. Once in a blue moon I'll tune in to one of the bazillion Astral Media stations, and am quickly disgusted at what feels like mass market bombardment rather than radio. I get it that some Canadians don't want to fund a public broadcaster, but I am not one of them.

Agreed!

I've listened to CBC....both AM and FM for more than 50 years. It actually used to be great radio. The broadcasters/hosts were professional, bright and balanced.

Unfortunately for at least the past 20 years the AM has sunk to levels , not much better than some of the poorer commercial stations.

In my area, I cannot support CBC, particularly AM and TV. They are not what they used to be and at this point I've given up hope that they will ever return to the quality broadcasts and professional staff. In my area they are the leftist extreme of broadcasting...just as bad in their own way as some extreme right broadcasters.

Another longtime listener here ... can't say I have 50 years' experience though ... but since the 80's anyhow. Ah, the good old days, when "CBC 1" and CBC 2" were actually "CBC AM" and "CBC FM". I can't say I watch much of their TV, though.

Anyhow, I think (in terms of radio) that they have lost some of their "quality" in recent decade(s) compared to ... well, for me compared to the 80's and 90's at least ... the past: sort of a "balancing act" they appear to have tried to do between maintaining the "old quality" and adapting to modern tastes to stay "relevant" to a majority (or at least substantial minority) of listeners.

Top Bottom