What's new

Jay21's Journey Journal

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Mail call

IMG_0299.jpeg

Jay21

I started a club. I hope that some of you will drop by.

Jay21

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Brush: RR 400 butterscotch noir
Soap: Fendrihan unscented, mug loaded and lathered
Razor: RR Game Changer 68P
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Number of passes: 2, XTG
Touchups or buffs: yes, in one area next to my Adam’s apple
Aftershave: Skin Bracer and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: None
Result: DFS (stubble ATG on neck)

Nice shave this morning. First time with Fendrihan unscented soap. I’ve used their smaller scented puck (50 g) before, so I have experience with it, but had to stop using it because my skin reacted to the fragrance. This shave was without incident, but the larger puck (100 g) was thirstier and took a little longer to get the lather right. It was pretty good, but I can do better next time. Good slickness and protection.

IMG_0301.jpeg

Jay21

I‘m just not smart enough to have a safety bar or comb touch my skin without scraping the heck out of myself except for with the Travel Raptor SE or zamack post-2013 R41. And both neutral.
Neutral and steep seem to irritate my skin, especially on my neck. Since my hair lies flat against my skin, I also think shallow saves me closer.

It’s funny, though, only now that I look back at it. The majority of my irritation for the first few months of DE shaving was from the soap irritating my face. I was too unsmart to realize that could even be a thing.

It’s funny, though, only now that I look back at it. The majority of my irritation for the first few months of DE shaving was from the soap irritating my face. I was too unsmart to realize that could even be a thing.
Me too, my friend. It was over a year of mild irritation and regular breakouts that I chalked up to technique that disappeared overnight when I started using soap without lanolin.

Jay21

Me too, my friend. It was over a year of mild irritation and regular breakouts that I chalked up to technique that disappeared overnight when I started using soap without lanolin.
I thought it was technique errors. It was a vegan soap, so it wasn’t lanolin, but it must have been the fragrance. Other than Arko, I’m sticking to unscented soaps from now on.

Top Bottom