What's new

Jack Black Supreme Cream

Day two usage. Same thoughts as yesterday. There's definitely an issue with residual slickness, where the face lacks slickness if pulling the razor through a second time immediately after pulling the razor through the first time. I never experience this with most TOBS creams, except TOBS Cedarwood.
This is one my favorite aspects of Supreme Cream. I have oily skin and have to be very careful to avoid ingrowns so a soap that rinses clean is much appreciated. The slickness is very good as long as enough cream is present and I have no problem applying between passes. For me the post shave feel is really nice - very light, clean scent and soft skin with no greasy residue.

Got mine yesterday and tried it this morning.
I think I like it better than the Beard Lube!
At first 30 dollars held me back, but when it showed up and I saw how big the packaging was, I realized that there is PLENTY of it.
I think I might have put it on a little too thick, but adding water to it like Cremo did the trick.
Nice to have a new cream in my arsenal!

Day two usage. Same thoughts as yesterday. There's definitely an issue with residual slickness, where the face lacks slickness if pulling the razor through a second time immediately after pulling the razor through the first time. I never experience this with most TOBS creams, except TOBS Cedarwood.

Suggest using a brush and trying a bit more water with it. I found residual slickness to be fine with the Supreme Cream. You can add a bit of water to the soap film that remains.

The scent reminds me of cold cream. Mild, neutral, neither objectionable nor particularly appealing. Overall, it's not bad in the scent department.

When I first began lathering for shaving I'd sometimes add too much water for the soap I had pressed into my lather bowl. I used to keep a tube of the Jack Black shaving cream in my shower to add to "flesh out" the lather. That doesn't happen often anymore so I've discontinued use, but it's a decent shaving lather. Much like the Nivea shave cream in a tube.

My Sons bought me Jack Black Supreme Cream as a gift.
Wasn't sure what to expect. Was very pleasantly surprised - excellent peformance.

LRdjgj4.jpg

The JB Beard lube is great for those lazy days when you need a quick slick shave and don't want to spend time lathering up and than cleaning up brushes. It is more expensive per shave than the cream and deceptively thin on the skin, so you have to restrain from over applying it as it is not necessary.

The cream is great and you only need a small dab to whip up a big head of supreme lather. So for $30 for 9.5 oz, that pencils out to $15 for 4.75 oz which is on par with many other "artisan" creams. With my wife's discount I can get it for $21 a tub, which puts it into Proraso pricing territory, which makes it even better!

Both perform great for me, the scents are not obnoxiously strong, but they still don't have much of a following here as they are more corporate shaving world.

Choose to take a chance on Jack black Beard lube and Supreme Cream , thanks to this thread a while back and can honestly say it's the best stuff I've used in my 6 years of wet shaving, and I'm 37. I also will shout out Cremo, stuff is awesome and a great budget option. I'm new to B&B but I already enjoy the wealth of info and knowledge I've obtained from just reading and observation! Ok back to topic at hand , outside of curiosity reasons I can't really see myself, switching from beard lube or supreme cream. They are so good for my skin and leave my face so moisturized that everything else I've tried so far is good but not at this level.

The JB Beard lube is great for those lazy days when you need a quick slick shave and don't want to spend time lathering up and than cleaning up brushes. It is more expensive per shave than the cream and deceptively thin on the skin, so you have to restrain from over applying it as it is not necessary.

The cream is great and you only need a small dab to whip up a big head of supreme lather. So for $30 for 9.5 oz, that pencils out to $15 for 4.75 oz which is on par with many other "artisan" creams. With my wife's discount I can get it for $21 a tub, which puts it into Proraso pricing territory, which makes it even better!

Both perform great for me, the scents are not obnoxiously strong, but they still don't have much of a following here as they are more corporate shaving world.
I wouldn’t say corporate, Jack Black is a very upscale brand.

Choose to take a chance on Jack black Beard lube and Supreme Cream , thanks to this thread a while back and can honestly say it's the best stuff I've used in my 6 years of wet shaving, and I'm 37. I also will shout out Cremo, stuff is awesome and a great budget option. I'm new to B&B but I already enjoy the wealth of info and knowledge I've obtained from just reading and observation! Ok back to topic at hand , outside of curiosity reasons I can't really see myself, switching from beard lube or supreme cream. They are so good for my skin and leave my face so moisturized that everything else I've tried so far is good but not at this level.
I'd use both Jack and Cremo together to make a "superlather".

I wouldn’t say corporate, Jack Black is a very upscale brand.
If you could only use one good sir, which would it be, the beard lube or supreme cream? Me personally,I feel I lean more towards the beard lube as it just leaves my face feeling utterly smooth and incredible. I'd love to hear your thoughts?

If you could only use one good sir, which would it be, the beard lube or supreme cream? Me personally,I feel I lean more towards the beard lube as it just leaves my face feeling utterly smooth and incredible. I'd love to hear your thoughts?
The Beard Lube but only because I like seeing what I am shaving. But I agree it leaves your skin in amazing shape. You know you can use the Beard Lube as an aftershave too.

The Beard Lube but only because I like seeing what I am shaving. But I agree it leaves your skin in amazing shape. You know you can use the Beard Lube as an aftershave too.
Yes , I've used it alot as an aftershave , as I love it's 3in1 characteristics. But I also find that If I just shave with beard lube only in the shower as I do, then it leaves my face super smooth and not in any pain or redness and therefore dont need to reapply any for aftershave from my 16oz pump. Stuff is magical seriously.

I like them equally but for the more traditional shaver it makes mounds of slick lather that they seem to like. The base is the same as the Beard Lube as far as I can tell.

The performance is the Beard Lube but with a traditional aesthetic. Based on how much I used, it’s probably a 6 month supply.
How do you use the beard lube. Rub it on with your hands?

How do you use the beard lube. Rub it on with your hands?
Yes, I usually don’t even wash my face first. Just a wet face, wet hands and a nickel’s worth to spread on your face. You can see it on your skin but just barely.

Yes, I usually don’t even wash my face first. Just a wet face, wet hands and a nickel’s worth to spread on your face. You can see it on your skin but just barely.
Gotcha. I’m guessing you reapply after each pass? I bought some of this stuff and never used it before.

Gotcha. I’m guessing you reapply after each pass? I bought some of this stuff and never used it before.
I don’t do a full second pass. If you splash a little water on your face the slickness reactivates. It also makes a great aftershave. I have used it under JB Supreme Creme too. I use Henson medium and the combination is unbeatable. Don’t be concerned that it just sits on the skin like moisturizer. The slickness of this stuff is incredible.

I don’t do a full second pass. If you splash a little water on your face the slickness reactivates. It also makes a great aftershave. I have used it under JB Supreme Creme too. I use Henson medium and the combination is unbeatable. Don’t be concerned that it just sits on the skin like moisturizer. The slickness of this stuff is incredible.
Good deal. Thanks.

Top Bottom