What's new

Jack Black Supreme Cream

Do you like it more than the Beard Lube?
I like them equally but for the more traditional shaver it makes mounds of slick lather that they seem to like. The base is the same as the Beard Lube as far as I can tell.

The performance is the Beard Lube but with a traditional aesthetic. Based on how much I used, it’s probably a 6 month supply.

I like them equally but for the more traditional shaver it makes mounds of slick lather that they seem to like. The base is the same as the Beard Lube as far as I can tell.

The performance is the Beard Lube but with a traditional aesthetic. Based on how much I used, it’s probably a 6 month supply.
Sounds great. I really like the beard lube so I’ll definitely try this out.

How does it compare to blu atlas?
Blu Atlas is very good too but the issue with Blu Atlas was the fact that the size of the jar was so small. The price per shave was just not something I could recommend over JB.

I just tried it and agree with all of this. Really, really nice performance. In addition to the slick lather it rinses off very clean.

@SalS I got the Beard Lube on your constant recommendations and liked it a lot. Ended up buying the Supreme Cream days later. They make a heck of a preshave/shave cream combo!

(does anyone know what is up with the hats?)

Based on the size of the tub and the weight, it must be much denser than other creams like TOBS or T&H. Those companies have 5oz tubs that are about the same size. Would you agree with my comment about the denseness?

Also, is there any scent, or is it scentless?

Based on the size of the tub and the weight, it must be much denser than other creams like TOBS or T&H. Those companies have 5oz tubs that are about the same size. Would you agree with my comment about the denseness?

Also, is there any scent, or is it scentless?
Yes very dense. I used about the size of an almond and it was slightly more than I needed. This container will last a very long time.

Fragrance is totally different than the Beard Lube which is mint and eucalyptus. I pick up herbs and floral notes, very natural but it’s a light fragrance definitely coming from the essential oils and not added fragrance.

Side note, this creams like water.

Last edited:
Yes very dense. I used about the size of an almond and it was slightly more than I needed. This container will last a very long time.

Fragrance is totally different than the Beard Lube which is mint and eucalyptus. I pick up herbs and floral notes, very natural but it’s a light fragrance definitely coming from the essential oils and not added fragrance.

Side note, this creams like water.

Thanks for the update. I decided to try it instead of waiting for the update, and just tried it this morning for the first time.

For performance, I thought it good, no better or worse than the TOBS creams that I used. I used about the same amount of cream that I use with them, slightly bigger than an almond, and got less lather than I get with TOBS. Slickness was good.

On the scent, I agree that it's very mild. I thought a bit floral and also medicinal. That latter part would normally turn me off, but the scent is so mild that it's hardly noticeable.

Overall, it's fine. I don't know that I'll buy another tub when this one is empty in a year or more :)001_smile), but it works for me.

Blu Atlas is very good too but the issue with Blu Atlas was the fact that the size of the jar was so small. The price per shave was just not something I could recommend over JB.

Is this the cream of which you speak?
I'd like to try it - but it DOES look expensive for 2 ounces.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 19-00-51 Shave Cream.png

Me. I luv love JB Supreme. Don't care much for the beard Lube as a shave cream. I need to use a lot of it, and don't like the way it's hard to rinse from the razor
I have small tubes of both now. I prefer the supreme as well and will buy a larger size when I use all of it. I do like the beard lube for travel, though.

Day two usage. Same thoughts as yesterday. There's definitely an issue with residual slickness, where the face lacks slickness if pulling the razor through a second time immediately after pulling the razor through the first time. I never experience this with most TOBS creams, except TOBS Cedarwood.

Top Bottom