What's new

I've got these old records, what do I need to play them?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
If you decide that filling a large room with music is too much to tackle and live with and opt for a small speaker near field listening set up, consider the NHT SuperOne 2.1, a very fine small speaker at an excellent price. In the opinions of some respected reviewers and stereo experts, you would need to spend a serious multiple of their price to get better sound.

Late to the party but music is my other hobby.
Project makes cheap and cheerful recordplayers that punch way above their pricetag. Maybe a secondhand Marantz amp from the seventies. Ad some JBL L100 speakers or something like that second hand and you will be a happy camper.
Can't go wrong with this setup. Please let us know what you settled on!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Late to the party but music is my other hobby.
Project makes cheap and cheerful recordplayers that punch way above their pricetag. Maybe a secondhand Marantz amp from the seventies. Ad some JBL L100 speakers or something like that second hand and you will be a happy camper.
Can't go wrong with this setup. Please let us know what you settled on!
The records are still sitting in the same place they were when I first asked this question. Like so many other times life got in the way and time, and finances, were diverted to other things. I still plan on putting something together, but I’ve got to get some other irons out of the fire first.

The records are still sitting in the same place they were when I first asked this question. Like so many other times life got in the way and time, and finances, were diverted to other things. I still plan on putting something together, but I’ve got to get some other irons out of the fire first.
It will happpen. Space and time work in a funny way sometimes.
Hope you will find the time to get some system set up in due time. A properly set up recordplayer with a new stylus will swoop you right back to when you heard these records in earlier days...👍

Top Bottom