What's new

Is this allowed?

I just received a box of razors, mostly DE, but probably 8 or so straights. I would like to post pictures and details of them here to get them identified, and possibly determine their ebay/BST value. I'd like to sell them for this guy who gave me this great collection and then give him the proceeds.

I know that auctions aren't allowed, this isn't to sell them, this is more like getting appraisals. Is that allowed?

Thanks.

I just received a box of razors, mostly DE, but probably 8 or so straights. I would like to post pictures and details of them here to get them identified, and possibly determine their ebay/BST value. I'd like to sell them for this guy who gave me this great collection and then give him the proceeds.

I know that auctions aren't allowed, this isn't to sell them, this is more like getting appraisals. Is that allowed?

Thanks.

I don't see why not. You are seeking information and want to identify what you have. I am sure the folks here would be glad to help. This is a place to learn and have fun.
Let's see pictures. I mit even want to buy one or two myself...:biggrin:

Thanks.

Posting pictures for ID is OK. Your best bet for approx. value would be to watch eBay for a while. I would ask for someone who sells razors to PM you and make arrangements with them. I'm a little uncomfortable with starting an appraisal service through the forum.

I'm a little uncomfortable with starting an appraisal service through the forum.

I guess I was wrong, I have seen a few folks asking peoples opinion as to the value of things although I wouldn't consider it an appraisal service.

Mr Mockett, send me a pm with some picks, I help if I can...

Why don't you just post some pictures in the general forum - that way you can get a bunch of members' views as to ID and value.

That's just what I'll do Suzuki, I'll post some pics, and ask people to give me their ideas for what a decent value is for them.

Honestly, I'm hoping to sell them to interested B&B members if at all possible. I'll take some pictures and post them in the next day or two.

For identifying the straight razors you'd be better off a straightrazorplace.com

While straightrazorplace specializes in straights, there are quite a few knowledgable gents around here as well. :001_smile

As Chris points out, putting up some pictures is a great idea.

Fair enough. I would have guessed there would be a greater concentration of members specifically knowledgeable about straights on the other forum but I'm quite ready to accept that there is a great deal of expertise here. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Fair enough. I would have guessed there would be a greater concentration of members specifically knowledgeable about straights on the other forum but I'm quite ready to accept that there is a great deal of expertise here. Sorry if I offended anyone.

No, no no - no offense at all. I'm just curious as to why you'd think it is "better." Truth is - if you actually look at how many straight razor related posts per day are made HERE, versus SRP - we have more straight razor related posts here, and nearly all of the most knowledgeable and well respected members who frequent SRP - also frequent and post at B&B. In fact - we also have some fellas that aren't on SRP who have an incredible wealth of knowledge - such as Bill Ellis, who is just about "the authority" on straight razor restoration.

SRP is a fun/knowledgeable place, and you can get as much help/assistance there as you can here - I'd just argue you aren't going to get MORE help in either place - so here is as good a place as any for straight razor help/feedback. :smile:

Top Bottom