What's new

Is Fine grade Badger Brush the same when they say Best Badger Brush?

Some reviews are confusing about the grades of badger brushes. My understanding is Fine and Best are used interchangeably for that grade.

Am I correct?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
There is no standard terminology and any seller can call any knot anything they want to call it.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
As jar_ said, no standards across the industry. One company's best could be nicer than another's Silvertip.

There is no standard terminology and any seller can call any knot anything they want to call it.

+1! Confusing for sure! Plus there can be a fair bit of variation in the same grade from the same manufacturer (since this is natural hair, after all)!

Don't believe the terminology , I've seen economy brushes labeled "Manchurian" , they can call knot hair anything they want...Your best bet is to stick with top brand names , and B&B trusted reviews.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Some reviews are confusing about the grades of badger brushes. My understanding is Fine and Best are used interchangeably for that grade.

Am I correct?

It's easier to get a good answer about a particular brush if you have one in mind.

Generally speaking there is pretty reliable information on most brushes you might be considering, within this community and on the various other places you might look for brush reviews. I usually Google what I want to know about + do a B&B search. As Chief of Police Jesse Stone and his deputy, Suitcase, say, "The information is out there."

One caveat: There is sometimes a confirmation bias associated with expensive brushes one has purchased. And, such.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom