What's new

Introducing The B&B 2012 LE Brush. SOLD OUT!! See post #227

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
IMO the TGN Finest has softer tips and more back bone that a Simpson Best, not as dense as a chubby, but about the same density as a Duke. It really is a great knot.
Compared to the Shavemac D01, slightly less backbone and tip softness, but not by much. Like everything else YMMV, but I found the TGN finest knot similar to the Rooney Heritage line.

IMO the TGN Finest has softer tips and more back bone that a Simpson Best, not as dense as a chubby, but about the same density as a Duke. It really is a great knot.
Compared to the Shavemac D01, slightly less backbone and tip softness, but not by much. Like everything else YMMV, but I found the TGN finest knot similar to the Rooney Heritage line.

I already placed my order for the TGN knot and your description is making the anticipation build immensely. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait till June/July!

the first 50 brushes,or however many are sold, will be the Shavemac DO1 knots.
I'm reading this in one of 3 ways... which one is correct?
1 - There will be no more than 50 TGN made.
2 - There will be no more than 50 D01 made.
3 - The D01 will be the lowest numbers and first shipped, whether we sell 25 D01 and 75 TGN, or 75 D01 and 25 TGN.

I'm reading this in one of 3 ways... which one is correct?
1 - There will be no more than 50 TGN made.
2 - There will be no more than 50 D01 made.
3 - The D01 will be the lowest numbers and first shipped, whether we sell 25 D01 and 75 TGN, or 75 D01 and 25 TGN.

2 and 3 are accurate except for the red part.

2 and 3 are accurate except for the red part.
Cool... so no more than 50 D01, but if all 50 aren't sold, the balance of the 100 will be available as TGN.

I was curious because I'm seeing a lot of posts indicating TGN purchases and wondered what would happen if we went over 50.

Are there any plans to update the OP indicating how many are left available? I'm assuming production can't start until Rudy knows how many of each knot to buy.

Assuming everyone followed the rules :wink:

Please,
proxy.php
post in this thread Payment sent for either a TGN or Shavemac knot! The thread will be locked when all brushes are sold.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Cool... so no more than 50 D01, but if all 50 aren't sold, the balance of the 100 will be available as TGN.

I was curious because I'm seeing a lot of posts indicating TGN purchases and wondered what would happen if we went over 50.

Are there any plans to update the OP indicating how many are left available? I'm assuming production can't start until Rudy knows how many of each knot to buy.

We will leave the option there for the 50 Shavemac knots. After a reasonable period of time if the Shavemacs do not sell, we will make the balance in TGN. One way or another we will offer 100 brushes.

I do not have time while I am at work, but I can make an update tonight on the amount sold in each knot.

I'm torn. I've got a D-01 20mm fan PozzSka sold me when I first joined the forum but it's set at a loft of 42. It's a lather pig. It just doesn't wind up on my face somehow, I think it's actually TOO dense. I'm wondering if this extra loft the way Rudy is setting it cures that problem, or if I should just go TGN. Does anyone have this D-01 knot already and can speak to it's flow through?

I'm torn. I've got a D-01 20mm fan PozzSka sold me when I first joined the forum but it's set at a loft of 42. It's a lather pig. It just doesn't wind up on my face somehow, I think it's actually TOO dense. I'm wondering if this extra loft the way Rudy is setting it cures that problem, or if I should just go TGN. Does anyone have this D-01 knot already and can speak to it's flow through?
I do not, but there is no rule stopping you from ordering both.
Just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom