What's new

International Shipping???

I have a question,
I have a sale pending for a deal on the Buy & Sell Forum. I'm shipping a Badger Brush to Great Britain. Will this need a customs declaration? Also I was going to send a couple razor blades as well, Can I even send those internationally in the todays political climate? I just don't want to package to get help up and never get there.

I've received razor blades from the US on several occasions and not had a problem.

Imported stuff only gets flagged to UK Customs if the value label is greater than £18 around $30, if it's a gift then this value doubles to £36 (I think). Once greater than £18 VAT (Value Added Tax) at 17.5% is added plus Duty 5-8% plus the PO handling fee. But I donbt the brush you are sending is worth more that $30, :wink1:

So I will have to fill out a customs form at the post office? Yes? I just mark it as a gift with a value of $30?

Yeah you have to fill out a small sticker with a description of the contents and a value. It's best not to lie blatantly but you can be economical with the truth, if the value is "close" etc. They do still check randomly but if there's no invoice inside or box/tags with a price on it's doubtful they'd ever find an issue.

Do you fill out what's in the box? Or just a price?
I mean I'm sending a shaving brush, nothing illegal and I was going to send some safety razor blades, but if they are illegal, I'm not going to send them, because it's not worth the risk. Sorry to ask so many questions, I've never shipped anything overseas before.

I cant see why blades would be illegal. Its not like they can do anything inside a shipping box, and they are fairly easily avaliable, so its not like you are sending a crazy weapon to some deranged killer. If they do open it, they will probably see the brush and realize what they are for. Hopefully.

TimmyBoston said:
Do you fill out what's in the box? Or just a price?
I mean I'm sending a shaving brush, nothing illegal and I was going to send some safety razor blades, but if they are illegal, I'm not going to send them, because it's not worth the risk. Sorry to ask so many questions, I've never shipped anything overseas before.

Every item you put on the label needs a cost against it. If you put shaving requisites $30, this should cover everything in the box. Posting razor blades isn't illegal, if it was Rene AND John (LetterK) would have been locked up ages ago...

Edcculus said:
I cant see why blades would be illegal. Its not like they can do anything inside a shipping box, and they are fairly easily avaliable, so its not like you are sending a crazy weapon to some deranged killer. If they do open it, they will probably see the brush and realize what they are for. Hopefully.

I would hope so, but most often when logic goes up against bureacracy, Logic loses.

Jonnybc said:
Every item you put on the label needs a cost against it. If you put shaving requisites $30, this should cover everything in the box. Posting razor blades isn't illegal, if it was Rene AND John (LetterK) would have been locked up ages ago...

Thanks John :smile: I appreciate your effort in answering all these questions. I feel a lot better now. I just tend to be a bit of worrier, this makes me feel a lot better.

Top Bottom