What's new

Injector Blades

I just got an injector razor and have been looking online for blades. There seems to be only Schick and Personna available. I was wondering if any of you guys know of any other brands, and the best place to get injector blades. Thanks for the help.

Other than NOS blades, the Chinese Schick and American Personna are all that's available. However, both are excellent blades. I prefer the Schicks, mainly because the injector magazine is so much better. All other blades in current production are actually Personna, although they might be rebranded for certain stores' House brands. In terms of NOS blades, Personna 74s are the best, when you can find them.

Other than NOS blades, the Chinese Schick and American Personna are all that's available. However, both are excellent blades. I prefer the Schicks, mainly because the injector magazine is so much better. All other blades in current production are actually Personna, although they might be rebranded for certain stores' House brands. In terms of NOS blades, Personna 74s are the best, when you can find them.

Okay, thanks. Any suggestions of where the cheapest place to find the Schick or Personna's?

Schicks can be gotten from Amazon. Sometimes Walgreen will have them on sale for $5 for 7 blades with free shipping on orders over $25, but only in their online store. Regular Personna blades can be bought from Ted Pella, but the Personna 74s are only available from the auction sites, and then very infrequently.

Hi All,

Walgreens for Chicks are on line only now and their Williams Mug also. Other than that it's nos vintage when and wherever one finds them. Enjoy your Schick!!

drugstore.com had Schicks for $5 last time I looked. Connaught had some good prices on Personnas especially if you buy in bulk. Amazon's not bad for one or two packs.

If you're desperate, you may be able to find Personnas at a barber/beauty supply store if you have one around. If they don't have injector blades see about mini hair-shaper blades. They're the same blades but the dispenser doesn't have the key. If you have an old dispenser, you can use the key to open the razor, push the old blade out with a small screwdriver and push the new blade in from the opposite side. A pain but it works in a pinch.

Is there a significant different between the Personna (Connaught Shaving) and Schick (yellow package - Amazon) blades?

With my new injector I want to order some and try it.

Both are good blades and will give excellent shaves. I prefer the Schicks because the injector magazine is much better quality.

I know in the PNW we have the Fred Meyer grocery store (I think it's known as Kroger elsewhere). Shick blades are a stock item there, but I don't know for how much. They are just hanging on the shelf and not behind glass like the carts are, so they can't be that much. Have never used an injector so I have no idea about the quality.

I know in the PNW we have the Fred Meyer grocery store (I think it's known as Kroger elsewhere). Shick blades are a stock item there, but I don't know for how much. They are just hanging on the shelf and not behind glass like the carts are, so they can't be that much. Have never used an injector so I have no idea about the quality.
Hiya Neighbor,

Yep Fredi's had them for $5.99 last I looked.

Top Bottom