What's new

Indulgence of the night~ January 2009

Well, lots of high-falutin' meals have been cooked at Chateau Scotto over the past two weeks. This afternoon, it was time for some a simple pleasure: A Hebrew National frank with extra Guldens mustard on a potato roll, accompanied by some homemade pickles. Ahhh.....

I am not kidding here. I had the best indulgence I could think of last night. Sleep. Lots of it. So badly needed.

Tonight's dinner: Whipped Tomallie (spelling? green lobster goo) spread on party ryes, very lightly creamed Lobster ladled over piping hot homemade biscuits served with chilled (home canned) asparagus w/raspberry vinaigrette and finished off with homemade frozen fruit sorbet.

I am so glad I can cook...:biggrin:

Pizza night came early this week since the snow messed up my shopping. There were a few pies (all with homemade crusts, of course)

Fresh mozz and tomato
Hand-cut, thick-sliced pepperoni
4-cheese (base of pesto, mozz, greek feta, romano, touch of Maytag blue)

Accompanied by the remains of last night's Ch. de Beaucastel :drool:

Chocolate mousse with Creme Anglaise
French press of Columbia Huila decaf

Spent the day running errands, changing diapers and splitting wood for the fireplace. It keep SWMBO and the newborn happy.

They both just fell asleep, so I poured myself a nice glass of Caol Ila 18yr and kicked my feet up. Not a bad day at all.

Oh...here is my baby girl, just over 1 week old.

A very simply dinner tonight. Pork chops that have been marinated in Italian dressing and then sauted in a skillet. Add baked potatoes, green beans, and you have a quick and easy meal.

Chinese tonite:

Crispy Fish, West Lake style (snapper, fried to perfection, doused in a sweet/sour/spicy sauce)
Sticky white rice
Bok Choi stir fried with fermented black beans and garlic

Yiwu Zhengshan Bulang tea

Took the "long way" home for some fabulous Lebanese falafel. Made sure to order double for extra-delicious late night leftovers.

Drinks: Brokers' Martini (perfect, as usual :tongue:), polished off another bottle of Powers (seriously, I don't know who distributes that around here, but I must keep them in business), and... well... now there's a certain airplane bottle of scotch that's calling me from across the room........

The remains of yesterday's Norfolk free range Bronze Turkey with

Blakeman's Supreme Sausage
Home made chips

Vignoble Guillaume Vin de Pays de Franche-Comte Chardonnay 2004
Sam Adams Boston lager

Followed by:

"In The Heat Of The Night" on the telly

Jacquesson Cuvee No 728

(68% from the 2000 vintage, 32% from Reserve wines) - This is how NV Champagne should be :001_wub:

Remy Martin Coeur de Cognac

A Hebrew National frank with extra Guldens mustard on a potato roll, accompanied by some homemade pickles. Ahhh.....

Please post the recipe! :tongue_sm

Also your pizza dough recipe would be fantastic as well. :drool:

Actually Scotto, if you would post every recipe you have, the entire forum would eat well for years. :smile:

Please post the recipe! :tongue_sm

Also your pizza dough recipe would be fantastic as well. :drool:

Actually Scotto, if you would post every recipe you have, the entire forum would eat well for years. :smile:

+ a million. I am a big bread fan and I make my own often and get pretty anal and scientific about dough but another pizza base recipe would never go wrong

Top Bottom