What's new

Indulgence of the Night - August 08

Yesterday my wife and I took in the Minnesota State Fair. What a day! While I did manage to eat deep fried cheese curds, charcoal roasted sweet corn on the cob, ice cream sundaes, a huge gyro, and mini donuts to name a few, I unfortunately never did find the "pig lickers."**

After I got home, I hunkered down with a Carlos Torano 1916. I am so feeling the Cameroon love. These are a serious contender for my next box purchase.

Tonight I'm firing up the Weber for my second bout with Beer Can Chick--Cornish Game Hens. :biggrin:

** Pig Lickers = Chocolate covered bacon

Robusto Gurkha Black Dragon. Hands down one of the best cigars I've ever smoked. Lovely, lovely flavors. Very smooth. I wish I'd disovered this brand sooner.

One too many Vespa Martinis at the bar at Rocca: Hendricks Gin, Lillet, muddled cucumber and sage. The actual recipe also includes 360 Vodka, which I chose to skip. They were savory, delicious, and you get your veggies, too!

Very tasy though microcopic order of fried Welfleet clams to serve as a stand in for dinner.

Cheers,
C

Perdomo Fresco Maduro Belicoso. I don't know what happened to these, but they have dried out significantly and much of the oily, maduro goodness has been lost. It was a major bummer. Ironically (and thankfully), everything else has been smoking beautifully. :confused:

I suspect the frescos were casualties of my RH beads being in the cloth sack rather than the shallow, wide tray they're in now.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Night to myself last night, so I did the obvious. Grabbed a beer out of the fridge and a cigar out of the humidor before retiring to the garage where I set up a poor man's lazy boy and home entertainment center.*

I thoroughly enjoyed both the beer (Summit Bohemian style Pilsener) and the cigar (5 Vegas 'A' Toro) while kicking back and watching Episode 2 of Mad Men.

*Poor man's Lazy Boy and entertainment center = two folding chairs and a laptop.

Saturday Night...

Filet Mignon with ****ake Mushrooms in a Cognac Shallot Reduction
Polenta with Sage
Roasted Brussell Sprouts with Almonds and Honey

Ristretto Roasters Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and Casa Torano Toro

Sunday Night...

Pre Dinner, prepared a couple Boodles Martinis (8 to 1) with NP Vermouth

Chicken Saltimbocca
With leftover Polenta, cut into squares and fried them in brown butter with Sage.
Arugula Salad

Top Bottom