What's new

Indulgence of the Night 11/13 - 11/19

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight was a night for NHL hockey, butter toffey peanuts and beer. In fact, it was a two beer night and I enjoyed both Tuborg and König (sorry, I think that the König site is only in German - but the beer is good in English!)... to make things even better, my fav team won.

This evening, SWMBO and I treated ourselves to a winemaker's dinner at a local cafe. The featured winery was: Matchbook

Here is what was on the menu:

Warm Salad of Wild Prawn, Scallop, & Mussels
Paired with: 2005 Matchbook Chardonnay

Anchiote Rubbed Chesapeake Striper with corn cake
Paired with: 2004 Matchbook Temparanillo

Risotto of Rabbit, Wild Mushroom & Proscuitto
Paired with: 2004 Matchbook Blockhouse

Boneless Short Rib With red wine & dark chocolate sauce
Paired with: 2004 Matchbook Syrah

Bread Pudding with Vanilla Cream Sauce with Coffee or Tea

As this winery is fairly young, all of the releases are "first" releases. I am rather partial to the reds, so the middle of the menu was my favorite. The fish was amazing. The spiciness really completed the Temparanillo. The risotto was also very tasty and robust.

All in all, a very rich evening.

j.

AArgh! I missed a winemaker's dinner at the club tonight because I had to work late. To make up for it, when I got home at 9:00, I paired a lovely Two Buck Chuck with the leftover Spaghetti and Meatballs :001_tt2:

Mark Tinsky Coral Ukelele / Rhodesian
loaded with McClelland 2015.....

Some iced French Market coffee on the way home from work and
JWBlack label rocks at home. :cool:

Cheap chianti, chinese food (delivered), one of my best friends and the Da Vinci Code! Darn video ran me $30! :eek: My foot is up on a pillow but I hope to be moving better after a couple glasses of this stuff..... :001_tt2: :biggrin:

doctorsimon said:
Poor you. Beers gotta have a good head. And be warm. Not fizzy either. You don't get much good beer stateside sadly. Or tea. Especially in Boston. Ever since that famous party a few centuries ago. Happy thanksgiving!

You guys are making me thirsty for a Guinness. :001_tt1:

I could use a Guiness as well. Mmmmm.....

I feel the need to defend Stateside beer though, Dr. Simon. You get a great deal of really excellent beer stateside. Most decent bars have a least one or two local micros, and those are almost always pretty decent, and often really quite good. And when you really go looking for the good stuff.... Well, I will put our best bears up against anyone's! There. I dare anyone to come up with a trio that is objectively better than New Belgium 1554 Black, and well, heck, any serious bearlovers two favorite other US brews.

-Mo

I Well, I will put our best bears up against anyone's! There.

New Belgium 1554 Black, and well, heck, any serious bearlovers two favorite other US brews.

-Mo

I knew you loved me........ :biggrin: :tongue:

Go Bears!!!

Simon.. I don't think anyone actually drinks Bud Light anymore, we just watch the commercials.... ;-)

Grilled Cheese, Goldfish Crackers, Dill Pickle, Montevina 2005 Pinot Grigio :biggrin:

full

j.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey Hill Cookie Dough Ice Cream with a wedge of Hershey's Extra Dark Chocolate (the one with cranberries, blueberries, and almonds.)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Roast duck enchiladas with mole.
Sweet potatoes with chipotle cream.
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout.
GLP Abingdon in a Savinelli.

As for the Bears, go Jets!

Roast duck enchiladas with mole.
Sweet potatoes with chipotle cream.
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout.
GLP Abingdon in a Savinelli.

As for the Bears, go Jets!