What's new

Indulgence of the Night 10/2 - 10/8

Several Robert Hunter greats including "China Cat Sunflower" and "Box of Rain"

Sometimes putting on some Dead after work and relaxing is just the ticket.

Tonight:

Emeril's Vodka Sauce & Spaghetti, homemade italian salad with olives, capers, red onions, black olives, homemade french bread croutons, freshly microplaned parmesean reggiano cheese and homemade dressing. Coupled with some homemade garlic bread.

Why am I getting fatter? :confused: :biggrin:

Later: I bowl of MacBaren's Vanilla Cream

Went to the "soft opening" of a client's restaurant last night and had numerous "American Small Plates," including a "bacon and eggs" dish that consisted of some pretty amazing devilled eggs and a pork belly stew; some excellent crawfish etouffe; "sliders" made with ground lam and muffuletta. There was more, but I can't remember it all right now, mostly because of the effects of the house beverage specialty. The beverage highlight of this restaurant will be the small batch whiskeys -- with a focus on Rye. I'm looking forward to making this place one of my haunts...:w00t:

NMMB said:
SWMBO left town today so I'm on my own... so I thought that I would indulge a little. I'm working on my IOTD as I write this... will update (edit) later to show you what I've accomplished.

EDIT/UPDATE:

For supper I had:*
- Baked potato with cheddar cheese and real bacon bits
- 2 skewers of shrimp
- 2 small steaks (with the edges “peppered” and some delightful steak sauce)

full

and to wash it down:**
full

*While it isn't shown in this photo I did have some steamed broccoli with my meal (yeah, I promise that I ate my veggies)
**Sorry about this being sideways, but at the moment I couldn't be bothered to fix it (as I am watching NHL hockey)... you can certainly still see what I'm drinking.

Man.... I am jealous. Hobgoblin is some dangerously tasty beer.

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Received a mess of clams in return for a favor, so.........
Baked clams
Clams Posillipo
Linguini all vongole

Diet starts manana.

Edcculus said:
Several Robert Hunter greats including "China Cat Sunflower" and "Box of Rain"

Sometimes putting on some Dead after work and relaxing is just the ticket.

That, my friend, is an IOTN !

ouch said:
Receive a mess of clams in return for a fovor, so.........
Baked clams
Clams Posillipo
Linguini all vongole

Diet starts manana.

Oh Man... clam chowder in my head!!!! The rest of it....... :o16: :em2200: :drool: :drool: :drool: :001_wub:

Have any of you ever had a stuffed Cohog?? I know it's not spelled this way......:001_tt1:

joel said:
Man.... I am jealous. Hobgoblin is some dangerously tasty beer.

Joel, it is a GREAT beer... and tomorrow I'm looking forward to another delightful Wychwood beer - Fiddler's Elbow. I'm not familiar with Fiddler's Elbow, but I expect it to be another great beer.

Now that I have my beer selected I just need to figure out what to do with my lamb chops.

Sue you would not believe the aroma that fills your house and because I live in an apartment my neighbor's house. There is nothing better than fresh coffee in the morning! And you can't get any fresher when you roast your own beans.

zachster said:
Went to the "soft opening" of a client's restaurant last night and had numerous "American Small Plates," including a "bacon and eggs" dish that consisted of some pretty amazing devilled eggs and a pork belly stew; some excellent crawfish etouffe; "sliders" made with ground lam and muffuletta. There was more, but I can't remember it all right now, mostly because of the effects of the house beverage specialty. The beverage highlight of this restaurant will be the small batch whiskeys -- with a focus on Rye. I'm looking forward to making this place one of my haunts...:w00t:
Hey Zach...what is the name of the Restaurant? It sounds like a place I need to pay a visit to...

Ok...so I had a little Oktoberfest celebration last night...

A couple bavarian bratwurst...sauerkraut...hot potato salad...washed down with a couple Spaten Oktoberfest Brews...

proxy.php

Well,

I ended up running errands and didn't have the time required to cook my lamb chops... since I must eat, I decided to opt for a sandwich to accompany my beer... see below:

full

That is:
- Fresh baguette
- Fresh turkey breast (from the local deli)
- Prosciutto ham
- Cheddar & Mozzarella cheeses
- Tomato
- Green onion
- Wychwood's Fiddler's Elbow (the beer)

jduffy said:
That's a mighty fine sammich. You might have a second career as a sammich maker. :biggrin:

Jim, let me assure you that it tasted even better than it looks (and even if I am tooting my own horn, so to speak, it does look very good).

To follow up that wonderful sandwich I enjoyed a treat from Cuba (the second cigar of the week)
full

and a treat from Kilkenny, Ireland
full

I guess that this was an indulgent night for me, wasn't it?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What a night you had. That's some sandwich, beer, and cigar, hopefully in that order.

boboakalfb said:
Hey Zach...what is the name of the Restaurant? It sounds like a place I need to pay a visit to...

I think the official opening to the public was tonight -- it will be called Alembic (they didn't have the sign up yet on Tuesday), and it's on Haight St, in the same building as the Red Vic theater.

Top Bottom