What's new

Increased Federal Regulation of Pipe Tobacco and some Cigars is upon us

I only smoke cigars when I go fishing, so I will be building a life supply by the end of the year. Pipe tobacco, I'm close to 20lbs in the cellar and I will likely double that before the gubmint goes too crazy. Based on some rough calculations from my present consumption, that should hold me for the duration.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I almost placed another big order last night because of this thread. I'm worried that since I'm just getting into tobaccos I might be kicking myself later on down the road for not stocking up now. :001_unsur

I almost placed another big order last night because of this thread. I'm worried that since I'm just getting into tobaccos I might be kicking myself later on down the road for not stocking up now. :001_unsur
This is always a good plan. However this regulation change shakes out, tobacco will never be cheaper than it is right now.

This is always a good plan. However this regulation change shakes out, tobacco will never be cheaper than it is right now.

Yup. I've made a shortlist of my favorite blends that I need to stock up on in the next few months.

I'm going to hold off on acquiring any pipes until I feel nice and secure with my cellar. I know that I'll be able to easily acquire a pipe next year without issue, but the outlook on tobacco is a bit sketchy at the moment.

The government is regulating this only as a means to get more tax revenue. They don't give a damn about your or my health. It's pretty sad, and everyone in DC is complicit.

The government is regulating this only as a means to get more tax revenue. They don't give a damn about your or my health. It's pretty sad, and everyone in DC is complicit.
While nobody is disputing this, let's try to limit the discussion to how these regulations will affect our little hobby. :001_cool:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've pretty much taken this to heart.

Unless I have a truly terrible evening, a pipe is not a considerable. Well, I guess a cob can get smoked out, but it takes some doing and a complete lack of attention to it. No reason to worry about pipes.

Tobacco, on the other hand, is a totally consumed upon use, but it also gets better and better with proper adding. That makes it a stockpiler's dream!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
These regs will essentially shut down the small custom vaping market as it will be too expensive and time consuming to comply with the regulations. I'm sure the DIYers will be able to work around it but not the custom shops.

Yeah, a co-worker who vapes described to me the nature of the small business proliferation. The big conglomerates will own the market. There will be a cottage industry of selling the same ingredients as something else entirely, for DIYers...maybe you'll start seeing new food flavoring products hit the market and rumor will go around on the internet about how they're exactly the same as the old vape additives, or something like that.

Trying to build a list of what I'd like to purchase. Currently want:

Darkstar
Bombay Extra
Frog Morton Across the Bayou
Frog Morton Cellar

Any other suggestions?

Also, just a reminder to keep this as political free as possible so the thread doesn't get shut down.

Is there a good resource for finding out when certain blends were introduced or last substantially altered?

Top Bottom