What's new

In search of an almond sized spoon

I recommend mother of pearl caviar spoons if you wanna be fancy.
I had the same idea. I pocketed a freeby at an event just this reason! The non-reactive shell doesn’t interfere with the scent of the soap. Looks nice too.

IMG_3605.jpeg

Last edited:
1713609178006.png

This is my soap scoop that I had made by Ian Ligocki (@gabrielligocki) over on IG. If you want something made for you personally, I would recommend him. I also have the plastic soap scoops and the metal one's from TRC as well, but this scoop from Ian is special for me. Oh and he's reasonably priced as well.

I use a "Rolex" souvenir spoon that I found at an antique store for a couple bucks, similar to this one: (Pic stolen from image search)

View attachment 1832968
Plus 1 on this spoon. I've 4 of these, scored my first 1 or 2 from a friend who left me some of her odds and ends silver stuff when cleaning up her home for her.

The other two I scored off ebay with some patient looking.

For instance (not necessarily one I'd get, just a show and tell.):

If memory serves me correctly, the B100 12 marking on the back of the spoon indicates Sterling plated. You'll have to do a bit of research to confirm. I can tell you the ones I have will tarnish if not rinsed and dried.

Patience in looking can find you with one in really excellent condition. Don't use anything terribly abrasive in cleaning one to something of a polish. I used the cheapo Crest toothpaste as it has no abrasives and then used a handful of baking soda to scrub it, with a final rinse and rub with a dry all cotton wash cloth.

Of course you could also score a demitasse spoon as an alternative:

2 cents for what it's worth.

Happy spooning/scooping!!!

Last edited:
Shavenation sells one for $3.99 I picked one up when I was buying some other things. It’s an easy add on especially if you are buying soaps at the same time.

Spoon

Plus 1 on this spoon. I've 4 of these, scored my first 1 or 2 from a friend who left me some of her odds and ends silver stuff when cleaning up her home for her.

The other two I scored off ebay with some patient looking.

For instance (not necessarily one I'd get, just a show and tell.):

If memory serves me correctly, the B100 12 marking on the back of the spoon indicates Sterling plated. You'll have to do a bit of research to confirm. I can tell you the ones I have will tarnish if not rinsed and dried.

Patience in looking can find you with one in really excellent condition. Don't use anything terribly abrasive in cleaning one to something of a polish. I used the cheapo Crest toothpaste as it has no abrasives and then used a handful of baking soda to scrub it, with a final rinse and rub with a dry all cotton wash cloth.

Of course you could also score a demitasse spoon as an alternative:

2 cents for what it's worth.

Happy spooning/scooping!!!

Mine isn't marked, so I'm not sure what material it's made from. It says "Bucherer" along the front rather than "Lucerne".

All I do is rinse and dry with my towel and it looks brand new.

You can pick these up off the Bay. The first two are soap spoons, and the last three are wax scooper spoons that I was using for wax seals, but they work great for soap as well.

Attachments

• 20240421_092043.jpg
    20240421_092043.jpg
    796.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-04-21 091550.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-21 091550.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 6
I’ve searched for the perfect spoon to scoop out an almond sized snurdle from a tub of cream/Croat, and until now had given up. I purchased a set of makeup spoons from Amazon, but they are too small.

Today I saw a video on Geofatboy’s YouTube channel where he was gifted a mustard spoon. It was just the right size. That has caused me to resume my search. Amazon is not much help because they don’t give dimensions of the bowl. The closest I’ve found is this:

I can’t go to an antique shop or thrift store because I’m in one of the COVID19 high risk groups.

What to you ladies and gents use and where did you get it?
I use a small expresso spoon for shaving creams. Works really well.

I use a baby spoon. I also not am trying to limit my cream to start a lather to an "almond' size amount. I just scoop a decent amount of cream.... spreading it in my bowl and putting the rest directly on my brush. Being frugal with my creams and soaps is not part of my shaving hobby. If it was, I would be using Barbasol.......

Mine isn't marked, so I'm not sure what material it's made from. It says "Bucherer" along the front rather than "Lucerne".

All I do is rinse and dry with my towel and it looks brand new.

I believe these spoons were give aways/promotions of some kind related to this company (see link.) I imagine an unmarked spoon, not stamped B100 12, is most likely straight stainless steel.

Indeed these are the right size for the job at hand and a convenient alternative is stirring your espresso!

Top Bottom