What's new

I'm rather embarrassed.

First of all, I've never used a multiblade cartridge, I love my DE razors, blades, natural creams/soaps and my best badger brush. Furthermore, I know I never will use any type of cartridge razor or canned goo. I've tried a free sample of KOS Alpha gel, and thought it was pretty poor stuff (as well as irritating my skin). I was sent a KOS Azor razor for free and I gave it away. The "forum" pointed out in this thread is a bit cringeworthy and I don't think I'd join....

That being said, I think some of the snide, sniggering attitude displayed on here is a bit much at times. If there is an ulterior motive to their site, so what? Sitting from "on high", laughing at how many members they have makes us what? Somehow better? If that forum is a bit "up itself", then what are we for displaying a "know better" and smug attitude towards it?

When Mr King did post on here (before being banished), instead of dismissing him, I entered into an email dialogue with him about his products and marketing methods. I found him to be quite receptive to my criticisms and willing to think about suggestions, whilst (understandably) defending his product and considerable investment. At the end of the day, he's in business (like a great many who use this forum). As has been said previously, at least he had the balls to come on here and dialogue with people, despite the rough time he anticipated, and subsequently got (from some).

I happened upon B&B quite by chance, whilst researching the shave business. I'll wager a great many did that too. I'm glad I found the place, as it's been a source of great information and tips, populated by fine kind gentlemen, who are (for the majority part) willing to give of themselves to help newbs like me experience and learn about the wonderful world that is traditional wet shaving.

Let's remain gentlemen shall we, and leave the "snide" to the snide.:001_smile

My post is not meant to upset or offend any person. If it has, then I apologise.:001_smile

Last edited:
Live and let live I say, having an elitest attitude will often put people off actually trying our wonderful way of shaving. Most of my friends use cartridge razors and get sick of me banging on about how great my kit/shave is, they are not convinced my shaves are better than thiers and jsut assume it's an excuse for me spend money and become a shaving "snob" !

So while I think the way I shave is better and much more enjoyable, I don't feel the need any more to "convert" everone I meet:lol:

I think your both missing the point...check introduction on this website by Founder of KOS and in particular his reference to wikenomics.

It is clear to me what this forum is trying to be and why...I don't particularly care what people choose to shave with and given the huge marketing budgets of KOS's rivals I don't blame them for trying.
What I care about is this cynical exercise dressed up as an excuse for the common good.

I thought we covered this already...its not about who uses what or why its because he thought he could that is the problem.

KoS is a fine product for pedestrian shavers.

Mr. King's aim is to make money and hit the masses, and frankly I find KoS gels to be vastly superior to canned goos.

Top Bottom